Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by NIMROD, Aug 10, 2007.

1. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Tops and BigSam , is nobody fishing or what? This forum seems dead.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They are all headed for Missouri where the BIG CATS are.:wink:

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    The Arkansas section is real slow right now. I'm still here and checking every day. I'm not fishing because Im working on my Jon boat (flooring) and shopping for another boat.:big_smile: River up here looks great and it's killing me that Im not out their chasing cats.:sad2:

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There gone fishing and your here posting.lol:big_smile:

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I see a few Arkansas members on-line from time to time but not like it used to be. I have seen up to 10 to 15 members from Arkansas Posting in this section, Now only a few. I put out all the info that I can, post all the pictures that I have and try to give the membership info.

6. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    THE RIVERS BEING UP AND NOW THE TRIPPLE DIGIT TEMPATURES ARENT HELPING I HAVENT BEEN CATFISHING SINCE THE RIVERS COME UP. DONE A LITTLE BOW FISHING ON EAST LAKE SEVERAL TIMES SHOT A LOT OF GAR AND A FEW BUFFALO ONE OF THE SHORT NOSED GAR WAS 20#. WELL JUST THOUGHT ID GIVE YALL SOMETHING SINCE YALL ARE WONDERING WERE EVERYBODY IS.RICE HARVEST IS FIXING TO START SO I WONT BE BACK ON THE WATER TILL OCTOBER.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thats what I am talking about! justpost letting us know whats going on in your neck-of-the-woods.Again thanks

8. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    The web site says the flow rate is slowing down.. Going to try the dam at Ozark for a while tomarrow morning... I'll let you know what happens.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    still here and still reading.havnt had much to report.had some decent fish jst not on the arkansas river.top im catching a few without the bait boat you are more than welcome to come on down.i think we can get you one with out it.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Got to catch a fish to reports on catching a fish.:sad2:

11. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Well folks with working six days a week out in the heat I have not been doing any fishing on the seventh day. I kinda hope work slows down a little soon. Heard today it might be as long as five weeks before we can get some extra time off.
    I got in my Brand new Blackhorse Custom built Catfish rod yesterday and will probably be out getting a reel for it this weekend.
    I wish lick to anyone that is fishing now. I was out three weeks ago on Horseshoe Lake and got 14 catfish, mostly smaller ones to eat.

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, I am here - that's about it! Between working 6 days a week in the heat, dealing with finances that are about to drive me nuts, dealing with trying to get some work done around the house after working all day, dealing with kids, and Trisha down with a messed up hand - there just ain't no time for me to fish or to relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, post as often as i can , and even jump on at work some.

Johnnie, and Verlon - will try to get some fishing done with you guys as soon as i can get everything around here back on track! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers - I need them! My Rope is getting aweful short and I am about to the end of it!!!!

Need me a long Vacation on the water or something Bad!

13. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Havnt gone since 2 weeks ago, but I did post about it in the rivers section and will post any other trips in future. I work in the heat (framing) and its hard to get motivated to get out there even at night. Seems like its still hot even at night now.

14. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    No good news-- Caught a couple eaters--- The flow rate was about 91,000 CFS total (pretty dang rough). Found some good sized shad about 1/2 mile down river behind a wing dike( 6 to 8 Inchers).. Couldn't anchor up close,which is where we usually fish. Did some drifting. Got to hot and pulled off about 11:00.. Temp was 96 at 11:00. Maybe next weekend will be better.

15. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Went to the Spring River Friday night using dip bait. Fished for about 3 hours and only got a couple of little taps. Week before went to Crown Lake and never got so much as a bite. Water is awfully warm there. All the crap on the bottom is coming to the top and floating.

16. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    hi, newhere, but certainly not new to cats...anyways..went fishint last night in van buren near lee creek, NOTHING was bitin but the skeeters..but ity was better than sittin at home!

17. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    I don't know about the rest of the Arkansasans here..but I'm laying low because it's now 104 degrees here in Lakeview. :eek:oooh:

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Me and Big Sam went around Scranton last Saturday evening/night on 9-4. We tore them up on DK's punch bait. The biggest was 6 or 7 lbs. but we probably caught 40 fish, channels and blues mixed.
    Me and my partner and Big Sam and his partner went to Lakefork this past week and fished the prepaired bait tournament. The tournament was on Saturday the 11th. There were 76 teams in the tournament. Big Sam and his partner finished just out of the top 10. Me and my partner got lucky and came in second. It's hot but if you can take the heat the fish are biting in the deeper holes during the day and shallows at night. Danny Kings punch bait is about all we have been using. In the tournament, of the 5 fish we weighed in 3 of the bigger fish were caught on Danny Kings and the other 2 were caught on Lewis Kings punch bait. Our 5 fish total was 39.95 lbs.

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I am just reading and posting very little I have had a full plate with Grand Kids and such I can;t take this hot weather so will have to wait to it cools of to start back fishing

20. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    It's dangerously hot, and the river's still pretty high. According to the flow rate from the Corps web page, I'd say the dikes are still covered. I don't fish the Arkansas when the dikes are covered.