where is everyone

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Dec 9, 2005.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Did everyone disappear havent seen one in a few days

2. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Everybody is hiding from the weather. I've noticed that posts on all the forums I use have declined. With the thermometer reading 3 degrees this morning, I'm hiding too.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Was -10.8 this morning when I got up,now its a balmy -5.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Was -13 on the way back from my grilfriends last night.

5. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    -11 when I shoveled snow this morning.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea ,yesterday i went across the missouri at lexington and saw it had ice on it ,i was thinking its to early for that

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    We also have a lot of hunters on this board. That's my excuse, at least. Too busy going to the deer camp every available moment.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How ya been Kutter. Did you guys kill any big ones this year? We killed 12 deer in Missouri and none in Illlinois. I saw lots of 120-130 class bucks this year, but just wasnt what I was looking for so I passed them all and ate my buck tags. That made the wife happy for sure not having me mount another varmint this year. Not much longer well be into the spring fishing season. Look me up when we get some warm weather.

9. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    yea, i know what you mean.i'm ready to get some lines wet,it dont matter if its cold or not.....

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I think they are calling for it to warm up to the fiftys.
    Hope to get out there next week.
    Those blues are all stacked up just waiting. :0a18:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Is the lake iced over down there spoon. or can you get a boat on it

12. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Went over to the Foley access on the Mississippi Sat. to check water. You had to break ice for a couple of hundred feet to get to open water. Someone had actually done it. I decided to take a pass. The flows were making quite a racket beating up the Nav. bouys.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It was iced up at Windsor Crossing last weekend, but I doubt the main lake is frozen up - put in at Shawnee Bend and you shouldn't have any problems.

Surface temp today is 39F so if the cold keeps up, I don't think it'll be long before the whole thing is frozen solid.

This cold weather pretty much shattered the illusion of being an all-year-around fisherman for me... We might try up at Montrose in January but otherwise I doubt I'll get out on Truman at all before spring unless it really warms up...

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert, both lakes are open.
    Some of the back water coves may have some ice.
    No problem getting a boat in at the main ramps.

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    havnt heard a word out of ron dont know what is up,yea bet larry is staying by the furnace

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    no nver heard that ,i know they stack up there during the spawn.they might be more likely to be there this time of year if they where running water

17. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea wolf flathead set on the bottom and almost hibernate,blues just slow down alittle ,and have been pulled though the ice at times

18. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have just been working. Trying to get alittle money to get my truck in better looking shape and make sure it is in good working order. Of course I would be lieing if I told ya that I didn't go out every once in awhile and look around my new area for some bait ponds and try to find some new access to the MO. I figure I will be a bank fisherman for about another 3 to 5 years. Got to many projects around the house and got to get some money to build a area to store a boat. (And If I am lucky I can convert the natural spring behind my house into a bait pond). But other then that I just hope that my schedule would be better for Friday night fishing.

19. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Drove down to Blanchette Landing Monday. It will take a good 4-5' rise just to get the ramp usable!

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey, just wanted to check in. We got moved into our new house and I didn't realize until after we were here that nobody offered high speed. I'd forgotten how sloooooooow dial-up was till about a month ago. Anyway, been doin' some fishin' on the MO but not much catching. Haven't been anti-social, just anti-waiting-for-days-for-a-page-to-load on a slow connection. Hope everyone's holidays were good.