Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Nov 20, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Where is everyone? Come on Tennesseans and all BOC lets get this forum pumping in here, it is dead as as frozen skipjack in here! Lets here some good stories, lets here some reports, lets here some BS! It seems all the recent post die after about 10 or so replys!

?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I guess they are already turkey and napping, just because it is cooling off doesn't mean that the fish aren't biting.Here fishy fishy fishy.:wink:

3. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man, I still check you guys out. I satrted off in the Tennessee thread because I live in Tenn, but it seemed like there were only a very few from West Tennessee. I am unfimilliar with middle and east Tennessee and usually don't even know where you guys fish. I mainly fish the Tennesssee River below Pickwick and the Mississippi River on the Tennessee border. I usually post in the Local Mississippi talk section because there are others that fish the same stretch of river that I do. I have met a few good people, and some new freinds on the BOC. I

4. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jugger, I went out late yesterday evening and fished until about 0200. I was fishing in about 25 =ft of water at the edge of the main channel close to a flat on Cordell hull, close to Granville. I caught a couple of 2 to 3 pound channels and a couple of drum. I was fishing with livers and night crawlers. at about 0100 hours I got a hit and it took off like a jet airplain. I fought it for 30 minutes, letteing run and then bringing it back. My 50 lb test was starting to strain pretty hard when he finally started to get tired. When I finally got him to the boat we had a heck of a time getting him in cause the net was too small. he was a 72 lb blue cat. wow what a night. I had a blast. Cat had a big lump in its side, What had this fish swallowed. I couldnt figure it out so I cut it open and pulled out a mason jar. In the jar was a piece of paper. I opeded up the paper and it said B--- S---, kinda like the s--- im feeding you. Sorry couldnt resist. I stayed home and watched tv last night. You have to admit it was a good story. Oh well maybe just a prediction. see ya coach keep up the good work.:roll_eyes::tounge_out::big_smile:

5. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Damn boy you had me going! I am like heck yeah I am heading to Cordell Hull!

6. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hey we need some hits from you West Tennessee BOC about going to the National Gathering.

7. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
  8. festus

festus New Member

I'm still here, Don, have already posted about two fishing days this week, and will post later tonight in the Tennessee/Rivers section about Melton Hill Dam. I was there today and caught a mixed bag. Even though the weather's a little cooler, it hasn't stopped the fishing. As a matter of fact, it seems to have helped. I couldn't believe I had the entire Melton Hill Dam shore fishing to myself from early morning until someone finally showed up on the other side of the river at about 2:00 pm. I didn't see a boat until 3:30 pm.

9. festus

festus New Member

I know what you mean about that, Shadguts, there are very few who post on here from East Tennessee. West TN, Middle TN, and East TN are three different worlds. I don't remember ever fishing in West Tennesee, and my fishing in Middle Tennessee has been very limited. I lived in Hartsville and Gallatin in Middle TN for a short time and fished Cordell Hull Dam, part of the riverine section of Old Hickory near Hartsville Nuclear Plant, and the Bledsoe Creek area of Old Hickory.

Yes, we need more folks on here from East TN. I looked way back into the archives of the Tennessee forums and saw there was some activity in the beginning and early parts of the BOC from East Tennesseans. Someone would start a thread and there would be no replys or just one or two. Looks like they gave up. Come on, I know people fish for catfish at Watts Bar, Chicamaugua, Ft. Loudoun, Melton Hill, Cherokee, Douglas, Wautauga, Norris, and several more of these reservoirs. :wink:

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    very funny:wink::smile2:

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I've been real busy.Christmas time where I work is real busy..Lots of overtime..Did a seminar demonstration on catfishing to Mt. Juliet Catfish Club..Middle school aged kids 6th and 7th graders..Showed them the 3 basic ways to rig up,slip sinker rig,slip bobber rig and 3-way rig and explained the differences in the three..Talked about circle hooks.Explained a little catfish physiology..Talked about different baits and how to prep and bait the hook with the different baits..And talked about all kinds of stuff catfishing..And of course told them about the BOC..Took about 45 minutes..The club has its own private pond..All fish caught there are released back into the pond..We hold tourneys there to help raise money for the club and then the kids take field trips all over the country, to all the catfishing hotspots..One of the clubs favorites is the yearly trip to Santee Cooper..They've also been to Canada to catch trophy channel cats..Any ways I try to pitch in as much as I can..I've bought some BOC items to give away as prizes for the kids and several folks pitch in with fishing poles and tackle and other fishing stuff..So did that last Saturday..But otherwise been real busy working on my house,overtime at work,taking care of sick kids and wife,and getting ready for my family coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving week..Busy,busy,and some more busy...

12. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    when you slow down grab your pole and lets go down to catfish hole:tounge_out:

13. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    hey bro. its dead all over as you can see i'm surfin all over tryin' to find some kinda talk.no fishin' reports here,gotta get some tires on the jeep before i can pull the boat,you can see the air in them.

14. festus

festus New Member

Reps to you Les for taking care of the kids. We need some catfish clubs like that around here. Have you ever catfished in Canada? My uncle used to to up there pike, perch, and lake trout fishing, but he said the catfishing was great and anglers seldom fished for them. He said a 1" cube of cut canned Spam was the ticket.

Got any idea if Charley Daniels still live in Mt. Juliet? That's his hometown and someone showed me his homeplace about 30 years ago. It was a really modest place for a multimillionaire.

15. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's been a while since I've been to Canada myself 87' to be exact and no I didn't get to do no fishing but yes I've heard that they have trophy sized channel cats up there..The club is planning a trip up there next year but not sure if I'll make it with them..Not sure if Charlie Daniels still lives in Mt. Juliet but I know he's always playing at the Opryhouse..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  16. festus

festus New Member

Whatever happened to the deputy from Bradley County? I've not heard a peep out of him in a long time. I think his name was David and in his avatar he was sitting in a patrol car, he went by preshrd or something similar?

17. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Been wandering myself.. I see he gets on every now and then.