Where is everyone????

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by vclifford28, Mar 25, 2009.

1. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where is everyone? Are ya'll crappie fishing! I was hoping to see some pics of monster cats! God knows I ain't catching any! Been catching good eater size cats mostly channel. But,I have been fishing on Lake Travis(not known for monster blues) but I'm giving it hell! Hope everyone is doing better than me.And lets see some pics.:roll_eyes:

2. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I have just been stocking the freezer with cats up to 3.5. Nothing to take pictures of. I don't know about the others, I don't spend near as much time here since my computer lost the forum jump or they took it off, to hard to navigate around.

Jim

3. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    The pic in my avatar is one of 2 40# flats we caught this past weekend. I definately ain't crappie fishin! I do my crappie fishin in the winter. Right now is the best time for them good 'ol flatheads. I had a great time this past weekend catchin some nice fish.We also caught 4 blues that where 31,36,35,30#.

4. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Still hangin 'round. Lots of work over the winter and not a lot of fishing/computer time. Easing away from it and back into the boat recently with a bit of 'puter time to boot.

Took 5th of 30 in the spring tourney on Choke with my oldest.

Biggest over spring break on Coleto was only 7lbs. Spring cleaning and gardening still in the works, but hopefully back on the water soon!

How've yall been?

5. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    been fishing alot but catching those small ones.Everyone tells me to get away from the small bait and start using larger cuts of shad and gills. I always say I'm going to but when I get to the water....I don't? Guess I'm stuck on stupid! Anyways, good to hear from everyone, and good luck this spring!

6. btoutdoors

btoutdoors New Member

State:
    texas
    I was on the fish about 3 weeks ago. Nice channels and blues up to 6 or 7 lbs. Dang wind won`t let me fish now. Hope yall are all doing good. Good luck

Brad

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have been bass fishing. I sold my boat,and took a few weeks to get a new one. Just killing the black bass. New boat hits the water sunday on cooper. But again,no cats. Chasing hybrids and sandies

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Been laid up since mid February, doctor's finally found disc, bone problems in the neck. A little nap time at the hospital hopefully took care of that last Monday. Can't do anything, lifting, fishing for about 6-8 weeks, no driving for at least 2 weeks. Parked in front of the TV most of the time, working on the 2nd time thru the DVD collection. Doc's are not real sure how well the recovery will be. Been told not to push it, it may take as much as a year to get back to normal. Mighty tough not to be able hang some new photos on the boards.

9. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I have been working and going to stock shows. Glad the major stock show season is over so I can finally concentrate on fishing. I have been doing some fishing, just not nearly as much as usual. I like to fish 3 or 4 times a week, and have only been able to go 1 or 2 times a week. The big blue bite on Tawakoni is about over, so it wont be long til I can concentrate on the eater size fish and flats at night.

10. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    This wind has been terrible. It seems like for the past year we've had abnormally high winds. It seems like we've been living on the coast here lately. I fished yesterday and caught a few channels, but it was really hard not to miss a bite with all the wind.

11. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fished a tournament today on calaveras. it is a funny lake. there are not many larger fish at all. 47# won the tournament. 2nd through 5th was in the mid 30's. very few teams had over 30#. we go a little over 27# and figured we did ok. we were in the top 20 out of 74 teams. it was the first tournament we have fished.

12. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
    I have not been able to get online, my password was messed up. My dad and I have been fishing as much as possible. I did get a 30 pounder on the 22nd of March.

13. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been catching so many bass I can't get my catfishing going. I just bought a bunch of white noodles and am in the process of making them up and going to set some trot lines. Hopefully the wind will lay for a while.
    Jm

14. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Lonnie.

15. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife has me doing way too many honey -do's. I am going to try to get out next weekend sometime. :roll_eyes: