Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Nov 19, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Where has everyone gone? There hasn't been much going on here on the board for some time now. Is it that nobody has really been fishing that much, the fishing has been bad, hunting, or has everyone just left? Seems like Mac's about the only one still posting reports on a regular basis. Just wondering, miss reading all the reports and talking to a lot of people that seem to have vanished:sad2:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wes I hope everyone is still out hunting.

3. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I went back to PA to hunt...but I'm back now. I was wondering what happened here too. I've been having the hardest time finding people to take/go with fishing. I guess my northern blood doesn't mind the cold as so much as southern blood does. From what I can tell, now is a great time to fish because all the cats are gathering in holes. Anyone around goldsboro/kinston want to go fishing?

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have been doing more hunting right now, hope to get out sunday, with the change in the weather and the water the cats seam to slow down but should pick up soon, I have off next week for vacation and will be out on the water a few day trying to get some of the bigger winter cats,

5. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I have been hunting (not too successfully I might add). In fact I was going to take today off and go down to the lease but if I did it would be the third time in a row I have gone hunting during high winds which usually means minimal deer movement. This season has been one of the worse I can remember. The weather report for the weekend is calm, cold and sunny. Usually I would try to get in the woods but because of the frustration level I have with deer hunting I am going out to LKN and go striper/catfish hunting. The water temp had hit 60 this usually means the fish start moving into shallower water and are easier to find. I will be out there Sunday in one of the creeks north of the 150 bridge (Stumpy or Hicks) in my C Skiff, wave if you go by!!

6. dozer15

dozer15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina

I live in Clayton but i can sure drive to goldsboro to go fishing. I'm always up for fishing, use to ice fish and fly fish in the winter when I lived in Ohio.

7. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I don't know if I can go this weekend, it depends on what the boss(wife) says. I usually fish the Neuse for a good gar fight or big flatheads. Otherwise I hit up a couple places around here for eaters.

8. dozer15

dozer15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm flexible anytime you want to go just let me know.

9. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :big_smile:

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I need 2-3 more deer in the freezer and I am done with hunting for this year. :wink:

Then the stripers and cats need to be scared!!!!!!

11. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Alot are on a different site now.

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    You mean the one that is currently crashed:smile2:

13. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wes, as of 8:06 AM EST it was still down and could not get up. Where are the GEEKS when you need them.

14. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    leave them over there so we can have all this good stuff for ourselves the roundhill

15. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Alot are on a different site now...."

There is another fishing site besides catfish1.com?????? :smile2:

"...Where are the GEEKS when you need them..."

Our "geek", Paul, does a pretty dang good job of keeping things afloat. :wink:

I can say this about the BOC; I do not remember a time when the site was down more than a couple of minutes. I guess you get what you pay for, and the donations the site gets insure that the community stays online by utilizing the latest technology.

There always seems to be a slow down in the fall and winter in the number of posts and activity. Right now it is deer season and that takes away a lot of folks. Also, some of the less hardcore people are not venturing out in the unseasonably cold temperatures we are having. Holidays take up some time to along the way.

Plus, lets face it, when I am out deer hunting instead of stirring the pot...well...things will slow down!! :eek:oooh:

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Ya got that right! You need to hurry up and get out of the dang woods and get back on the lake:smile2:

Also, I still haven't figured out if throwing a cast net in 25 degree weather and risking hypothermia to catch a catfish is harcore or just a little crazy??? But that's not gonna keep me from doing it :wink:

17. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    HAHAHAHA I just ask this same question in the lake thread! Been to busy huntin!!!

18. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Ford or Chevrolet ? There is a lot more Badin Lake and Lake Tillery Reports on the other site now, if those are the lakes your more interested in. Now for Lake Norman this is the sight.:cool2:

19. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm still around...I just don't have anyway to go catfishing anymore, so I've had to become a coastal stomper, fishing all the creeks and beaches I can park and walk to. Jay doesn't fish cats anymore, or at least doesn't invite me along, and I can't afford a floating device of my own. I guess it would help if I had some friends...lol

20. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nah, he doesn't fish for cats anymore, he's into the shark fishing thing. He's acting like he wants to go again, but he's already sold all his catfishing rods and gave me all his tackle.