where is everybody fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by adamnmisty, Jul 1, 2008.

1. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    just tryin to see where everyones going; me and misty are taking the kids fishing friday, that oughta be a blast:smile2:.. hope to do sum cattin sat night from the bank some where, any ideas for a hotspot or two? thnx Adam

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Seems I hear people fishing Kanawha/ohio/monongehila (sp) . I will be fishing the West Fork River around Clarksburg. My hometown . I currently live in Richmond KY .Good luck no matter where you go ! Most importantly BE SAFE ! Don't over indulge on the beverages . and have fun !:eek:oooh:

3. mrshadetree0222

mrshadetree0222 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    wish i would of seen this post sooner we(wife, kids, and i) had a blast out fishing all weekend! and when we got bored with fishing we were tubing, what a blast all weekend! i would of certainly invited you and yours to of joined in on the fun, i would of not only told you about a couple of honey spots i would of taken you their and fished them with you! we live down here in buffalo, and most of the time fish down stream of buffalo, ramp and always have a great time!

4. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    that woulda been real fun. misty and i spent out 2 year anniversary on the new river @ shanklin ferry. it was awesome, fishing was really good too. didnt really get to cat much but the smallies were really active. i was using everytrhing then got bored and statred using good ol' nightcrawlers. i was wading about knee to waist deep just casting out and letting the current take it, and then bam one right after another.. i got a smallie about id say 18inch 4pounds doing this, but later in the evning almst sun down i put one more juicy crawler on there and cast out and then my pole doubled over started reelin but nothing was movin. then it come up and went staight back down i thot by this time it was a bass, then i got it in some more and saw that white belly:big_smile: it was on then.. after bout 5mins and me backin up to the bank i got a really nice channie.. im guessing 26-30inches 6-10pounds, didnt weigh or measure but got a couple pix before i let the beast go home,, just wanted to share this Thnks adam:cool2: