Where is all the Okies

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dadoftwo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I haven't seen any new posts or comments in awhile. Has everyone left? What time of day is best for fishing this time of year in small rivers or creeks? Any info would be grateful.

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well up here on Grand lake the water temp. is starting to fall around the mid fifties, and have been catching my limit of blues, but nothing over 8lbs so far, rod and reel off the the river channles anywhere from 40 up to 80 ft, but most fish in the 30's to 50's feet of water , mostly on cut shad but catch alot on filet blue gill, still catching quite a bit of sandies also, with the birds being of no help anymore the have disapated for surfacing fish anyways, they've been hanging around but but the bait is alot deeper

3. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i tried attaching my photos with that last post, either i'm to stupid to figure it out or either it aggravates me too much, surely it' s not that difficult, that's whyi never report on anything with a pic, what the heck.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My pard and I have been hitting Arcadia pretty heavy. Doing a whole lot of fishing, but nada on the catching. We have tried everything from 10' of water to the deepest we know of at about 40'. In the last 5 trips we have caught one channel of a pound to pound and a half. Maybe it would be best to start hibernating. LOL

5. Jugs by Bert

Jugs by Bert New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Fishing around Grand is great this time of year when you can catch a good day. Catfishing deep...50 -60ft, the big ones are ON. We do a little jug fishing as well as bottom fishing rod and reel. I don't do well drift fishing to much this time of year....but find the points on the river channel and there will always be fish. A week ago we landed four over 30 in an hour with 32 averaging anywhere from 4 -12 pounds.

Mike.

6. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey dadoftwo my name is Randy Jones. We have a catfish club in Sallisaw OK. I would like to invite you to come down here to fish with us we have a pretty good bunch of guy's & gal's that would enjoy talking with you about fishing. Check us out on particapating clubs in the BOC our name is Polebenders catfish club

7. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Mike, how's it going? What part of the lake are you fishing right now?

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ok, I'm an Okie.
    I'm here, Live in Owasso, work in Tulsa.
    Haven't fished in several months, but I did go hunting out by sooner lake the past two weekends.

9. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Hey I appreciate that Randy and welcome to the BOC. I haven't had much luck around the metro area in central OK. Don't have a boat anymore but am working on that after Christmas. Fished a few holes around Guthrie last weekend but no go for me. Suppose I would need to go deeper than what I am to at this time.

10. papasfishing

papasfishing New Member

State:
    cleveland,oklahoma
    hate to sound like a fence rider on the cats,but the stripers are pretty good below keystone in the morning,while generating water on bucktails

11. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    On that same note, Grand River is doing well in the mornings on Sandies when their generating now slowed down to only 2 i was catching 2 weeks ago already had eggs, should have some decent hybrids soon

12. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tulsa here... fishing mostly at Keystone.

13. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    All you Okies need to sign up for the Keystone gathering......
    Keystone6

14. br7874884

br7874884 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i say its too dadgum cold to be fishing at all this time of year. so i say get a good fishing video game and a fat ass bottle of something strong enough to keep you warm jack daniels works best for me. pull the lever on the chair throw your feet up and fish. on that 50" plasma in the warm. now thats some good advice that most of these people dont know anything about. some strawberry cheese cake wouldnt ruin your weenend any either

15. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    During this time of year I kinda give up on the kitties and go for the trout. I've been fishing below Tenkiller dam for them and usually do real well. Not too often I don't get my limit for a fresh trout dinner. If you look on the department of wildlife website, they show the schedule of the stocking days. They hit the pool below Tenkiller dam around 1pm to 3pm on stock days.

16. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    i was hoping i wasn't gonna have to reply to this, but i was cutting some wood for sale today, and hide ho, i was hot, needless to say i wish i was fishing, i couldn't find myself fishing in any worse condinitons, i,m wondering waht the farry brought some people for new years

17. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    i need a new spliter , to keep the ricks a coming, anybody got a cheap one they might not use lookin for, thanks a lot

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, the break in the weather has allowed me to get on my wood clean up.....i have about 20hrs in, and am maybe halfway thru:eek:oooh:

I WANT TO GO FISHING!:embarassed:

19. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Stroud here! Before the cold hit. The boys and i hit the ponds coming back from our hunting lease last month and slayed the bass.

20. Ack

Ack New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I live near Tulsa but I have my boat at Tenkiller so I usually fish around there. Going to get a smaller trailer and boat soon so I can also hit Ft. Gibson and Greenleaf. I've mostly fished for bass before and am just getting into catfish, so any tips you have for catfishing in Tenkiller, Ft. Gibson, or Greenleaf, or any places around Tulsa that don't need a boat would be appreciated.