Where is all the Applachicola River people?

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by KajunPCB, Jan 29, 2007.

1. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    where is all the people that fish the applachicola river? i see on the Fl cat classic that there is a big turn out ...but i never see any talk of it online.

2. Challenger

Challenger New Member

State:
    florida
    Hello Chad, I've been around the apalachicola river since '82. Started fishin flatheads there in '92, became a BOC member recently so I could try to keep up on the tourney dates. I fished the blountstown tourney and was looking for the results. did you fish it?

3. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Randy what part of FL. are from.
    Have a great wet weekend.
    Walter

4. Challenger

Challenger New Member

State:
    florida
    wet wekend? only if I fall out of the boat! I live 30 minutes from panama, we didnt get a drop of rain from that tropical, the sandhills ponds are dryin up. Walter you fish the wewa tourney?

5. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Never have fished Wewa BUT we are making plans to fish The Oct. 5 & 6 Tournament, we are going over in a couple of weeks to look over the river and camp grounds. OH about to forget They also have a tournment in Aug. also.
    Have a great day.
    Walter

6. Challenger

Challenger New Member

State:
    florida
    who's putting on the aug tourney? Is it on a web site? I will also fish the oct. tournament again, after fishing it several times, it was earlier in the year but I think it got posponed due to a huricane or something so now they just kept it in oct.

7. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    if you go to the fcc web site they have a list of the tournaments.the first one is the bristol tournament. there is a total of 5 or 6.I fished the bristol & I will fish the wewa in oct. the fcc is the biggest. in the bristol tournery 165 people caught 2600 lbs of fish.

robin

8. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Robin---We will also be over in Wewa. It will be nice seeing you again.
    Walter

9. JIMBO 57

JIMBO 57 New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    NICE TO SEE SOME FLORIDA PEOPLE ON THE SITE. I FISH THE APALACHICOLA RIVER AND LAKE SEMINOLE . DONT DO MUCH FLATHEAD FISHING HAVE CAUGHT A FEW WHILE FISHING FOR CHANNEL CATS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW YOU CLEAN FLATHEADS SO THEY DONT TASTE SO STRONG.. HARD TO BEAT A TWO POUND CHANNEL CAT FOR EATING !!:big_smile: LOOK FORWARD TO INFORMATION ON FISHING FOR CATS IN THIS AREA..

10. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Jim we have never fished there before, But plan on fishing the Tournament in Aug. and Oct. We plan on going over in the next couple of weeks and look things over.
    Come over sometime and join one of Our Tournaments on the St.John's River.
    Have a great and safe day.
    Walter