Where is a good place to Prarie Dog Hunt

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by zmoon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know of any places to go prarie dog hunting?

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    You may want to try out in the panhandle of oklahoma. also western kansas and eastern colorado are good places to try.

3. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I heard out west farmers will let you come out and shoot them for free. They want them gone because there cows step in the pairrie dogs holes and break there legs then they die. So I would maybe trie to find a ranch and call and ask.

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    This was true when I was stationed in SD near Rapid City.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to St Louis.Go to the top of the arch.Face west. SHOOT!!!!!!!.You are bound to hit one.:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: Killed a million in Colo,west Kansas,Arizona,Wyoming.Don't know about Missouri:roll_eyes:

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    when i was a kid i visited my sister n bro in law just outside altus OK. (elmer i think). i remember lots n lots of prairie dogs there.

7. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I used to go out with a buddy or two to target practice on ground squirrels on ranchers lands for this reason. Gave us something to hunt for fun and helped control the populations and limit the damage to their cattles grazing lands. Dunno about anyplace to find prairie dogs though, but if you live someplace where they are a problem, I'm sure you could find a batch just by talking to the local cattle ranchers.