Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Larry from North Carolina
70 Posts
I fished it last Thursday and Friday. I did okay both days. Caught a lot of perch for bait on Thursday but did not even get a bite on Friday for perch. I even caught a decent striper on my bait rod on cut perch. I caught probably 4 blues and 4 channels over both days mostly on perch but a couple on CMIGP. The fish were all decent size too. Only two were dinks. Two of the channels were pretty big and most of the blues were between 15 - 20lbs. I caught a couple in Hager Creek (Davidson creek area) but most came from Ramsey creek. The water is a lot warmer on the south end of the lake right now and was anywhere between 64- 68 degrees.

·
Registered
Larry from North Carolina
70 Posts
Nice! I was out today there today too. Great day to be on the water. I caught a bunch perch today while drifting. I caught four dinks through out the day and finally around 2pm the cats started biting better. Finished the day with seven with the two largest being 13lbs and 23lbs. I was in Ramsey creek again where the water temp was still 66. Caught most of them in 25 - 35 ft.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! I was out today there today too. Great day to be on the water. I caught a bunch perch today while drifting. I caught four dinks through out the day and finally around 2pm the cats started biting better. Finished the day with seven with the two largest being 13lbs and 23lbs. I was in Ramsey creek again where the water temp was still 66. Caught most of them in 25 - 35 ft.
That sounds like a great day. A 23 pounder is a nice fish. My time today was limited, but I wish I could have stayed out longer. I'm going to try to catch some more perch and get out later this week.

After lunch I took the wife and kids for a boat ride. We saw a lot of boats catfishing. Way more than normal. Maybe there was a tournament.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts