Where have all the Old members gone?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Sep 13, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Before the B.O.C. changed over to the new site, we had over 12 thousand registered members. Where are they now? I see now we only have almost 2 thousand. Are we dropping the ball on getting the new B.O.C. site out? I realize that one can not make an old member join but we can talk up the new site. Give the good points of the new site along with the bad points. I am sure the good points will out weight the bad. Lets try to get all the old members to rejoin!! thanks Verlon

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't think many of the 12K old members posted. May not have even read post much. Some may have joined and just didn't give it a chance are never came back. Some may have just gotton busy and will check back later. Who knows. If they like BOC, then they will come back. Supporting BOC is another story. LOL. I'm just guessing.

3. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Verlon;

I understand where you are coming from but I see it at a different angle. The Old Members (12,000 Strong) was a fradulent number really. Let me explain that statement. Since the begining. over 12,000 members joined, some of them have stayed active, some have passed on to the grave, Some have just checked the site out and over time they have changed their Hobbies, interests, or location where they live. When I lived in MO. I catfished and would have been an active member, Then I moved to AK and there was no catfish and didn't catfish for 10 years. All of these issues play into the numbers of active members that we have here on the BOC now. I am sure that some of the Mods could tell you that over the last 5 or 6 months we(the BOC) have only had 1500 to 1800 active members that logged into the Old Site day to day or week to week. That is how I rationalize what we see here on the New Site. I would imagine that as we grow on this new site to 5000 or more members, we will have the same thing happen. We will probably have 2000 to 3000 members that are really active. I do believe that most all of the Old active members have moved over to this new site.

Verlon this is my Take and Opinion:

Gene

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am sure you both are right. Maybe we need to delete the membership that are not active in ant length of time. The time can be put in the membership rules and unforced by the mods. Just my thoughts. what do you think?

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I dont see what it is hurting for those memberships to still be active some may come back that just havent posted in a long time and some may never post but come on the site mearly just to read. Then again some may never come back...... I guess its just how you look at it. If you do delete the membership i would make it quite a while like 3 yrs or something you never know what happened to someone.

6. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    I made it here. I didn't say much on the old board, I will try to comunicate more on the new one. But anybody that knows me understand that I am that guy that stays in the background most of the time. As for deleting old members I think that would have to be a judment call for Paul and his staff.

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i joined in 2002 and due to pc problems and other priorities
    that took presidence over a pc we went without one for a long time
    then when we got this one i'm on now i refound a few old sites that i would visit
    this being one of them.
    i'm glad the boc didn't delete me cause of inactivity.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yea, me too DRC. Even though you got a thing for bass. :D

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Whew, I thought you were refering to us "OLD" members. Thought maybe the site at been taken over by a bunch of whippersnappers there for second.

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Heck we are still here. Now Mrs Baitkiller has not re-upped yet but she will just before the spring "FISH-OFF" and kick butt again :p !

RE: Ohio Posts

I sure would like to see all the guys posting alot more then what I've been seeing :glare: .

"Join in the pursuit"!
    <><Baitkiller><>

11. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Kutter. Are you saying that you are ready for geritol. I didnt realize you was as old as VEETS. HeHeHeHe :D

12. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Hey Bearcat I thought you feel off the face of the earth havent heard or seen a post from you in a while glad to see you didnt get deleted.....LOL I know the harvest is coming and you have cows to milk but try and drop in and say hi sometimes.....LOL

13. Beastmaster

Beastmaster New Member

State:
    Chrisman Ill.
    Been here for three years aint givein up yet. :D

14. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'am still here !!!
    Learking in the darkness!!
    I don't remember when I joined, 2 1/2 3 years!!!
    This is still the BEST group of people that I have never met!!
    God bless you all!!!

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    the old members could have seen all the crap that was going on for a while between learning the site and seeing all the spats there for a while maybe they just didnt want to get involved. sometimes people are afraid to post because some people just like causing trouble even if they dont have a point to argue about. :rolleyes: i for one love the new site and would like to see some other members make a comeback and post on here more but the inactive thing really isnt fair because problems come up i havent been on in 3 days and was LUCKY i got to be here tonight and my computer is acting up lately so any day now it could fizzle out and then i'll be on a waiting list for a new computer when money is available for it lol just my opinion but i say if it aint broke dont fix it. the mods have enough babysitting to do lately anyways lol :p

16. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I'm right here but I'm not that old...

17. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Hey some of us old farts are still here!!!!! :p When I joined there was no BOC just catfisherman.net with 150 members and we've come a long way but I can't
    say I like all of this new setup but I've been here sence Paul set it up.

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I am still here also. One thing that is confusing to me is a lot of the members have new screen names and we don't know who they are. I am sure there are a lot of the old members here, we just don't know their screen names yet. If everyone would put their real name on their profile, it sure would help a bunch. If I don't know who I am talking to I sometimes won't reply. :)

19. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i was shovelnose on the old site.
    i got goofed around the day of the change.
    my passwords didn't work and i couldn't get in touch with anyone
    so i made a new name and re registered.
    drc is easier to type anyway

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Jim, Any confusion could be taken care of if more used their name in the signature, like you. In my case, few would know me by my real name, I've been Kutter for so long. I've noticed at the Gatherings, most folks are called by their real names fairly quick, IE: Whistler becomes Bryan instantly. A few, like Tea & myself, are the exceptions.