where does a guy go to get decent bank fishing around allen county?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Hemus Bocephus, May 25, 2008.

1. Hemus Bocephus

Hemus Bocephus New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Where does a guy go to get some decent bank fishing around allen county or surrounding counties ? I don't mind a little travel for fishing i'll go a ways if its worth it. Any good spots on Salamonie Resivoir to go ? I've been there once or twice just don't really know where to go out there? Anyone fish there? Any sort of direction would be helpful? Just wanna latch on to some decent fish? Anyone?

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    jerry welcome to the b.o.c.! im in allen co., what kind of fish are you into? in ft wayne there is a trail called "the river greenway" it runs for miles along the three rivers. also have three dams around the fort to fish.

3. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jerry you got quite a few opitions bud. I would point you in the direction of: Johnny Appleseed Park below the Dam, Anthony Street Dam, New Haven Boat launch area on River Rd. That is just to name a few spots Jerry. :wink:

4. Hemus Bocephus

Hemus Bocephus New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm trying to get into this catfish thing just kinda started tryin a little harder last summer. Always have done a little lake night fishin' for cats since i was a kid. Went with a friend under coliseum bridge and around that area late last year. was thinkin about tryin back down there again sometime. were at are the boat ramps from the parking lot for greenway that is across from kregar park. any of you get any thing nice out of these rivers in ft. wayne. thanks river scum & Hoosier Pole Cat ! Greatly appreciated.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    the only ramps i know of are shoaff park and johnny aplseed area. oh and river rd ramp on the maumee. the maumee is very shallow and rocky almost un boatable unless high!

hank fan eh! cool me too.