Where do you plan to hunt?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kycatman01, Aug 13, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i can't wait for deer season. i already know where i plan to hunt. i have seen alot of deer there through the years(about 10 years). it is down in a draw that funnels into a open field, where they feed. the deer usually come off the top of a decent sized ridged. i already have a treestand placed there.

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Plan on going to bro in laws. He just had 40 acres dozed last year and had it fertilized and planted. He can see the hillside from his house and is seeing deer almost every evening after work. Plus I have 80 acres that belongs to some cousins in Tennessee that I oversee about a 1/8 mile from bro in laws. No one hunts either place cept me.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have not been able since a stroke in 1992. I am better now and want to hunt but have anywhere to go. I better get busy. I have a camper so I could go anywhere, just need to find a landowner to allow it. When I hunted last you could still find places to hunt.....Thing sure have changed.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm hunting the family farm. It's a little over 700 acres and I'll be the only one on it. 88 Acres are timber and I've got another good spot where theres a little patch of trees and a funnel. Thats in Pike County, IL and there is barely anywhere left for people to hunt there because of the outrageous lease prices.

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    hmmm...from the road....LMAO. JK. I plan on huntin' in a pasture, with a giant oak in my sights, where the deer heavily travel and eat the acorns. Seen a million of 'em there last year...the only problem is, deciding which one to shoot...:tounge_out:

-Red

6. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    700 acres in Pike county IL, all to your self, man, I think you need some back-up on a deal like that, I'd be more than happy to give ya a hand there good buddy, you know, just out of the goodness of my heart and all.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    LOL It sure is a nice piece of land to be sitting on.

8. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    got a couple WMA that allow campin les than an hour away.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I'll be hunting the river bottoms at the local state game lands. I also have a spot in the walking purchase park and I have a spot in mind at lake nockamixon though I need to go down and spend a day scouting. I just havent had the time to go.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive got two or three places I hunt on 40 acres. One is right next to a pond that is an overgrown field. Another is between two hollers, full of acorns and great hunting but hard to get anything out of. Third is a small overgrown field with persimmon trees.

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have 40 acres next to National Forest land. Lots of deer around there. Ill either get one on my land or nearby.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Guess I could just sit on my back poarch and wait for them to come up into the field.That wouldn't be much fun. Usually take camper to back of property and set it up about a month before deer season. Then go out and stay in it the night before. Got 42 ac to hunt on and only 2 people on it.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    im going to be hunting beside of my son this year. i have gotten my fair share over the years. loosing interest in something i use to really love but maybe i can get some enjoyment out of watching my son go after his first behind the house. just too much trouble to be serious anymore for me.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ...Now Sam, you forget....we've ALL seen your deer cam photos. Gonna be hard for you to beg a hunting trip from anybody.:lol:

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My husband & I are fortunate this year to have 2 leases to choose from. One is our old lease that we've been on for about 15yrs. 500 acres of pines, hardwoods & some ponds & creek bottoms. We have our little camping village set up. Our camper, plus 2 nephews campers/cabin. I love opening weekend, when we're finally all together again. We usually do pretty good, but by Thanksgiving the deer are getting pretty spooky, so they're harder to hunt. Then this year, we're also gonna get in on a new lease that has 3000 acres. A friend of ours has gotten us in this one. This club has 18 club stands, plus room for new stands, if you want. We went over there this morning & rode around, walked out to some stands, etc. Just making a mental list. On the way home we saw 5 turkeys, plus 3 deer out in a field. Sure was fun! Can't wait!!!!

16. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    there's a few places i got staked out......im prolly gonna do some huntin on public land since we got some pretty close but im also hunting about 190 acres that once was a farm but now is REALLY THICK woods, there's sign all over that place, and i might try out another place with my cousin that i havent been to yet