Where do you look for shad this time of year?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Dec 10, 2008.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I went fishing the other day, and was having a heck of a time finding shad. Finally found some, but waisted a lot of fishing time looking.

Where is the best place to start this time of year, if there are no gulls helping you out, what do you look for when trying to locate shad in the colder water?

2. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    been wandering the same thing,also doing the same ,waisting time before finding them!lets see what kind of tips you generate with this post! thanks for asking!

3. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    I CATCH SHA FROM 1" TO 10" ALL YEAR AROUND MUD FLATS IN ABOUT 3 TO 5 FT OF WATER MY ANSWER IS MUDDY MUD MUD

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    shad here in my area have gone to deep water holding at around 20ft. can be caught at or before daylight, after light its tuff

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    EVERYWERE!! that has been my experience all year sofar!! i had shad everywere last winter and i have only found them 2 or 3 times all summer!

6. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    shad can be found in the creek channels, look for bends in the creeks these areas tend to hold alot of shad. also around marinas can be a good area this time of year the water usually stays free of ice but again they will be deep. also if you have any power plant lakes close by, the discharge area and the intake area close to the plant good be a good aera

7. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    dont know i usally buy alot but i moved and im broke couldnt get much this year.

8. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I dunno. Wish I had about a half bucket of em right now though. Probably make good mink bait.
    Have a good one
    just