Where do you go...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Redd, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I know everybody has a place they go when they need to "get away" for awhile. I've got mine and was wonderin' what you consider to be yours. I don't mean to pry, but you ain't gotta answer if you don't want to I guess.

-Red

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I go to my favorite bank fishing spot and do some fishing

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thats what I do too.:big_smile:

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I gi fishing alone to gather my thoughts.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I go play Poker with buddies and drink cold, Ice cold, I mean real dang cold barley pops. Lots and lots of Barley Pops.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I found a nice semicave in my back yard. I call it a semicave because its only about 6 foot deep and 6-7 foot wide just big enough for me and a chair. Theres also a small creek there and the water sounds are very relaxing. The best part is the wife doesn't know its there and can't see it from the house.:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I get in the car and drive. When I'm driving it clears my head. Don't know why, but it always has.

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I hit the river, the basketball courts, or I can always just go and hang out at one of my friends' houses.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a couple high places that overlook the city where i go to reflect and meditate. one is on a hill, the other atop a tall parking garage.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I usually drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway where there are no commercial vehicles allowed and very few cars. I go back into the mountains and watch deer, bobcats, and other critters. I usually wind up at a place I found while hunting that has a real nice pond about 150 feet across and 6 feet deep that is great for swimming if you can stand the cold. It sits at the top of a mountain and is spring fed. It is always deserted. Down a 2 mile deer trail from there is an old homestead that has been abandoned for maybe 100 years. I sit there in what's left of the cabin and watch deer come through in the evening. It is surrounded by pine trees so big that 2 people couldn't join hands around them. From there you can't see any lights or hear any cars or see any people. Makes me feel like Daniel Boone.

11. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Sounds like you've found yourself a sweet spot flathead willie. And it appears you've got'er figured out too tdawg. I've known some good ol' boys that'd like to loose themselves in the bottle or worse, get into drugs. I think its how you handle the hard times, is what shows your character. Whether you just shrug it off, fight about or for it, gotta be alone for awhile, or get drunk and stoned. Thanks for the replys guys. Keep 'em comin'.

-Red

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

If I need to clear my head the best place for me is the gym. Two hours lifting weights and doing some hard Cardio, get's the job done for me. But when I need to talk, the best friend a guy could ever (TA2D,) has allways been there to go fishing or sit back and have a few ice cold ones.

SudDawg

13. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    When I need to get away my favorite place to go is my shooting range.
    I've taken a lot of frustration out on those poor ole paper targets.

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    When my friend is out of town, I go to his house and get in the hot tub and drink a few beers.
    Other times I'll grab my camera and drive to the river or a lake and take some pics.

15. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My faorite spot is up a mountain near my place right next to a beatiful river where it is peaceful and tranquil.

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Redd... I got mine too...:lol:

17. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i come right here to the BOC...ya'll help me get away by reading ya'lls post more than anything(well...arlington's(john) make me think too much...lol)

18. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just go hang out in my boat, sometimes don't leave the marina.

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    it depends on what time of the year it is during hunting season im perched in a tree 20 ft up with a bow im my hand if its not deer season im in my boat with my line in the water

20. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I go to the swamp it's nice and quite and most people want go up in there so most of the time you are by your self.