Where do you find them?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by kaleigh, Oct 28, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I am in Eastern Pa,near the point where the Lehigh and Delaware rivers merge.Where do you guys usually fish for them?Rivers,Lakes,Ponds??

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I fish in lakes most of the time. I try around docks, brush piles etc.
    Bill

3. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I normally fish lakes...find structure and you'll find them. Been catching them around brush and right along the edges of docks lately.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I fish the Ohio River mainly. We have been slaying them in the backwaters. We are hvaing to go pretty far up the creeks because the river is up so much but we are catching them in 2-3 feet of water around structure. We have been just trolling down a bank and dipping minnows. Not leaving it anywhere to long. And the big ones have seemed to be on smaller structure-like a little stickup rather than lots of cover.

5. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Ive been catching alot of crappie lately. If your fishing at night try fishing under any lights that may be on the water. At a lake near here I caught over seventy crappie friday night. On the backside of the garage the cops keep their boats in is a light that shines on the water. It brings in bugs and small life, then the minnows come and the crappie soon follow. If you can find a spot like that you can really catch a bunch. One of those crappie lights works well also.

6. Cornmeal and Catfish

Cornmeal and Catfish New Member

State:
    Covington, Louisiana
    I fish rivers...a whole different game!
    To top it all off, all the books and videos take place in lakes.
    I find that you must have some type of current, structure, baitfish, and then it's still hard to find them.