Where do you clean your fish?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i can't clean mine at the sink, the wife, tho she loves catfish, won't have entrails in the house:confused2:

i have put together a little cart for such a purpose, that i really like. the sink on the side has a fitting at the back for a garden hose, so i can actually use the faucet. the meat grinder is for turning left over fish parts to chum. the umbrella makes it useable in sun and rain. the only thing left to do is put a 3 or 4 foot piece of hose on the drain so it doesn't splatter...what do you folks think?:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil,

Describe the building process and materials and it's a new library article. Thanks, it looks great.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sorry Phil, I am a 99 and 9/10 CPR guy. Table idea looks good though - although you could use a place to set and take a load off the feet. LOL

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    usually on the garage table. same place i process my deer. i built a fish cleaning table but never used it. to far from the fridge,lol. that set up looks pretty cool.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice setup,Phil. I usually hang mine on the clothsline cross arm to skin and then they go to my weldin truck bed on a board for filleting ,then I got a 9 QT ss salad bowl full of icewater to cool em down ,till they make it in the house,to mama's sink.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Can't eat em and won't eat em. Therefore no problem. LOL! Thats a fine setup there Phil.

7. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    That looks like a good idea. Should keep the wife happy:big_smile:

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks awful purty, I guess the wife could get used to using it instead of the old card table I got her.LMAO
    Later Andy

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    we usually drape newspaper across a pickup bed and with a gardenhose handy do the deed right there in the backyard , but i like your setup way better the faucet has to be a great help.
    the grinder is a very nice feature too.
    pretty nice set up phil yeah i dont blame your wife , nothing worse than fishy fish gut odor and mess in the house . definantly a outside activity:roll_eyes:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Gee Andy you mean Christine cleans the fish and not you. :roll_eyes:How did you work that one.:smile2:

11. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Looks pretty cool Phil. If I could make a suggestion: at my cleaning station I drilled a 1/2" hole in the cutting board. Drop one of the pectoral fins in the hole while skinning and filleting. It does an awesome job of holding your slimey cat in place while working with it. Hope you don't mind, I'm gonna steal your idea there though:wink:.

Jon

12. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I dont keep any of the catch but I think your idea would keep the wife happy.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have a fish cleaning table on the toon and clean my fish while i'm on the water. But that looks like a great setup for cleaning them at home.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    looks good. You might need to balance it a little better, just in case some bigger game comes around. :wink:

Can run a hose away from ya on sink drain or use a bucket to catch the
    splash. Turn that chum maker around and put a bucket under it to catch the good stuff. Thats going to be fun to store. LOL.:bad_smelly::ah:

So when is the fish fry. :hungry:

15. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil,
    I hear you about the little lady not wanting fish entrails in the house. That's a great idea you have come up with there. If I didn't already have an all aluminum skinning station I might consider a setup like you have. I believe you could probably get a patent on that and start selling them. You are one sharp cat!
    TTTYL,
    Glenn

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Cool setup Phil. I have one I made out of an ol que grill frame, slated the top and mounted a fellet board on it. But you got the deluxe model. Noticed the meat grinder....doing a lil catfish sausage? Fish Sticks?
    :big_smile:
    You need to run to the patent office and cut a deal with BPS.

17. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That's a nice set up there.

I use this little stainless table I found for $10.00. It works great and stays out of the way.

Now.. before you click. I wasn't cleanin' catfish that day!:smile2:

[​IMG]

18. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i ussually just use the cleaning stations @ the lake but i have been know to clean a fish in the sink at home when momma's not home :wink:

19. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I throw an old piece of plywood on the patio table, put a filleting board on that and keep a bucket next to it. A bowl of ice water, the knife and I'm ready to go. When done, I cart everthing over to the outside hose and rinse. Throw the cleaning leftovers over the back fence (they're always gone without a trace by morning).

20. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i got a picnick table with a piece of plexi-glass material type of thing nailed to the top of it. works great