Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now their are more around my area i was wondering where you guys catch your baitfish? i usualy head to Oak hollow park for fast blue gill , indian lake, but it does not produce much.. i have family in MT Pleasant so il hit the Bridge port new damn, but its a 30 min drive from irwin ... you guys use the Mon or Yough for your baitfish and if so what areas?

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Tookany Creek for my suckers
Wissahickon Creek for my green sunfish and red-breast.
The Canal for LM bass and carp.
The Mighty Schuylkill for the palm sized gills and runt smallmouths.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
I have a few small ponds in my area I get most of my Gills from although I do travel to Crooked Ck. Lake or Glade Run Lake sometime to catch bait! My favorite pond has been overharvested! :crazy: I have been restocking it with small Gills for future reference! :wink:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Getting bait is one of the keys to productive flathead fishing. You really have to put your dues in for bait. I spend hours before going after flatheads I hit local creeks ponds and even travel almost 20 miles away for the right bait on the youghiogheny river.Some ponds can get fished out quick if a few people are slamming gills they can get wiped out. I usally fish about 6 different ones and get som crappies too. If you are close to Mt pleasant i think there are some creeks up that way that would hold suckers and chubs. I also get bait out of some real small creeks that in two steps you could walk acroos but dont be fooled they hold good bait.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the BOC Brandon for the dough baits ya might want to check the members libary their is a Ton of info on this site :big_smile:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their is a fishing bait review on the main page i would think that may be a good place to start.. but you may want to talk to an administrator, they may be able to help you better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do most of my fishing on the Mon but read through the posts their is alot of good info... everything from gear to hooks and so on :smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.