Where do I get eels around Lumberton N.C. and the Cape Fear?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fishhooked, May 7, 2008.

1. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm new to fishing in N.C. and around the Cape Fear River. I live in Lumberton N.C. and don't know where to find eel's. ( i've never used them before) A good bait shop is always hard to come by. Thanks everyone.

2. expired

expired New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You can buy eels at the hardware store behind the court house in Elizabethtown.

3. Cajunkicker

Cajunkicker New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Not sure around there but in Fayetteville you can go to Bayless Brothers Rod & Reel, 702 Whitfield St, 28306. Ph (910) 484-1431. Great guy (Phil) there, specializes in Catfishing supplies and is an avid catfisherman himself. He has frozen as well as live eels.
    :wink:

You can also go to Riverside at Campbelton Landing (live eels) at the Person St Bridge, just off Hwy 301.

Another location for live eels is at GANDER MOUNTAIN off Skibo road.

:0a26:

4. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks Cajunkicker[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is all good info. Didn’t know that you could use frozen eels. That’s great! It will make it much easier form a bait management stand point for me. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']“Not sure around there but in Fayetteville you can go to Bayless Brothers Rod & Reel, 702 Whitfield St, 28306. Ph (910) 484-1431. Great guy (Phil) there, specializes in Catfishing supplies and is an avid catfisherman himself. He has frozen as well as live eels.

You can also go to Riverside at Campbelton Landing (live eels) at the Person St Bridge, just off Hwy 301.

Another location for live eels is at GANDER MOUNTAIN off Skibo road[/FONT]