Where Do I find Bullhead Catfish at?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have heard very good things about using bullhead for bait but i dont know where to find the 5" to 7" ones. My local bait shop does not carry them. (How do I catch them)

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    A lot of farm ponds have them. Also try fishing creeks in your area with worms. If you don't catch any bullheads you just might get you some chubs.

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    What I would advise doing (by the way, I had this same exact problem not more than 6 months ago) is to find a creek near your house that is about 30 feet wide at most (the one by my house is a lot smaller than that in places) and take some chicken livers/worms/stinkbaits and throw some out into the water. You can find bullheads (and I didnt think you could either, but you can) in almost any creek or river or lake. As long as its wide enough you cant just step over the creek and its at least a foot deep, then you should be able to find some bullheads in there. The one that I fish at I catch bullheads by the 100.

:0a26:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    try ponds, or shallow channels or bays off of main lakes. use nightcrawlers on the bottom/tightlined with a LARGE hook! they have a knack for deep-throating hooks and if you use a larger one they cant swallow it.

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I've used bait shrimp to catch them with good luck for years. Also any kind of
    liver works well. The bigger ones are good to eat also.

6. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I ate bullheads all the time growing up. I never imagined using them for bait. Well have to put one on a hook instead of in a basket.