Where did you get your B.O.C. name

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by creek_fisher88, Sep 7, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey guys i was just wondering were you get your BOC names from. As you can see my BOC name is creek_fisher88. I get the creek part from how much i love to fish creeks. something about hearing the water run. the fisher part is pretty self explanitory. the 88 part is what year i was born. so i would like to hear were you all got your names. thanks creek

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    My name is something my family has been saying for years. It is originally "shovelhead," but through the years it turned into "chubbahead." I think it is because most of my uncles are big drunks, and when they get to drinking and slurring and talking about fishing, it sounds more like "chubbahead" to me. :big_smile:

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I keep rare tropical fish. I rescued a Tilapia Buttikeforri and now he's my personal pet. I call him buddha or butti for short. So I needed a screenname and I looked around the room and boom...there it was. Had to purposely mis-spell it though cause of the REAL buddha and all! LOL
    Me- buddah
    Real- buddha

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

been called laid back most of my life, 111 is birthday

5. FWFeecherman

FWFeecherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My friends started calling me "Feecherman" one day and it kind of stuck. I live in Ft. Wayne, IN so thats wehere the FW comes from.... FWFeecherman. Tight Lines and Screamin Clickers to Ya!!!

6. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Mine is the kind of boat I have.

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    started when I was in middle school. a couple neighbors boys I was friends with called me rockbass because I love fishing and my name is Rocky. Kind of stuck between just a couple of us until my sophomore year when my chemistry teacher called on me in class by saying hey rockbass :lol: It pretty much has stuck ever since:big_smile:

8. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    When my son was about two years old I came home from duck hunting and he said "daddy you shot dem ducks". So it is on my tag on my truck and I used it for name on here.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    My friends started calling me Dano many years ago.
    :big_smile:

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Strangely enough I found my screen name right in front of my last name!!!!!!!:big_smile: :confused2: :lol: :roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :smile2: LAIDBACKyou dont look to be 111 heck you don't even look older than PeeWee:big_smile: I chose mine because I thought it would be easy for an old person like me to remember.Had a certain ring to it and besides folks had been calling me that most of my life!!!!!!!!:lol:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My name is John and I like to catfish...Also an old bluegrass song by the same name.

13. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I was a Sentry Dog handler (German Shepherds) during the Vietnam war. It has never gotten out of my blood. I still work and train with (my personal) dogs but not in quite the same fashion as during the war.

14. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Khensu='The traveler'
    0213=birthday

significance=members of my fraternity are sometimes called 'traveling men', and I came across this name in my studies one day, and liked it.

15. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    When I first got a computer I was owned by an Australian Cattle Dog( Red heeler/blue heeler). So when I needed a user name on that first computer I came up with Cattledogz. The z is due to the fact that the correct spelling ending in S was already taken.

The name has stuck all these years.

16. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I've been called fishhook as long as I can remember and thats been so long ago that I can't remember why they called me fishhook in the first place.

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    It's an older Jerry Garcia song on the album Reflections but might be older than that. Well if anyone would know it'd be you John. You are the music guru! yeah!!

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I can't remember the original...Oh Yeah Johnny Russell I think.The first time I heard it was The Jerry Garcia Band,loved the song and it stuck to me. You're a music guru yourself,you've turned me onto some killer tunes!!!

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I was born and raised in a country community call Seedtick, so that's where mine came from.

st

20. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    For me, well I just wish I was fishin.:smile2: