Where did the old BOC members go

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 10, 2007.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I read almost religiously the old B.O.C. which I think has some awesome information back in it's archives. I was wondering what ever happened to Cornhusker, Jim Hudson and some of the old members I've searched here alot and have not seen their names anywhere. Also I was wondering is there an archives type file on this site somewhere or does it get lost after awhile.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There are many of us here from the old board. Jim Hudson is Gator I think, from Georgia. You can look at the date a person signed up but the date only goes back to the day the new board started. Anybody that has that date is more than likely a old board member.

I sometimes look back at the old board. Some new board members have the same name as the old board but many do not. I had a different name on the old board because when I moved over the new site wouldn't allow me to use my old name so I became FishMan.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Gator is around, just busy. Talked to him yesterday.

Corn checks in periodically, he is a busy man. Alot of members still around, just got to catch em when they sneak in.

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah i think that alot of people just get used to not fishing during the cold season and for get to post. but this site is about to blow up with everyone coming back due to the good weather in are future.:smile2:

5. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    You can try...but you can never escape the naked fat man! Mauhahahah

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol glad to see ya on dodgeman.

ya gator is still on the board. haven see corn posting much but i know gators still around. heck hes a sponsor.

hey where are ya bouts in il?

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Gators puter got hit by lightin but he checks in from time to time talked to him a couple days ago he will be at the Ga gathering there are some checking in and some others with problemsthat keep them busy but you can rest assured they are still around

8. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Well I'll tell ya this.

Some of the old timers aren't with us anymore because the Lord as taken them HOME. Remember we may be fishermen all our lives but we don't live forever.

I'm here every day but mostly on chatt. I did nudge DH into starting up Swap Meet on BOC here recently. So everyone visit the SWAP MEET!

I was also awarded Old Timer's Award at National Gathering...is that old enough for ya ? Joined in 1999.

JESSE168

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Jesse you are right about the Lord calling some home but in our hearts they are still here so that had slipped my mind

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Hey I been a member sence 01 and I'm still here more or less:amazed: !!!

11. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Richard

I was always told that as long as you are remembered you are NOT TRUELY GONE!!

There will be MEMBERS that will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN then there are others that will just slip away.

The most active good or bad will be remembered the lurkers will just fade away.

Sci-fi; Jerry Trew; Cornhusker; Kutter; myself and a couple of others came on here from another board that is now dead. We have been chatting together for close to 10 years.

Biggest problem is finding something new to talk about after a while.

So as long as this board can hold the interest of members they will stay.

One other big problem is the ones that come here just to "GET HELP" and not stay and help others. This has made a lot of the old timers feel used. I know a couple that don't post much any more because of this feeling.

Ok I have rambled too much. Maybe this will answer some folks questions about "OLD TIMERS" not seen much.

Jesse168

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I've been on since 2001 and remember all of the older members even those that aren't around anymore.There is a pattern to all "Club" memberships that shows a lot of interest in the beginning,fades some after a while and then goes away for good.Nothing wrong with that as there is always a "core" of dedicated members that are in for the long haul,always throw in a helping hand and contribute mightily to continuing the organization.I was in a Ski club for years that had the same pattern,also a parachute club.You look around after 3-5 years and you see the same faces carrying the load.As for feeling used,I can understand it but as much as I get irritated with questions like "WHATS THE BEST FISHING LINE,BAIT,BOAT,BATTERY etc" I feel if you can help do so because you dont know when you will need some yourself.Just wish folks would look in the Forums or Library first.:smile2: :eek:oooh: :lol: This is still the best information source available that I have found on catfishing,so thanks to all those that answered my dumb--- questions back in the beginning and thats why I try and help where I can.:smile2:

13. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    That is a VERY well stated comment!! And I agree 100%.

Long live the BOC!

_

14. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I came aboard in 02 and love this place as much now as I did then. I have seen lots come and lots go since.

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I don't remember the year but I started on the old board just a few months before the first Ga gathering and I will be here for as long as you will have me and the good lord lets me I will help if I can but if I don't answer a question it is because I don't know but will always be a proud member of the BOC

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    anyone talk to Fwmud lately? Keith was a fixture in the chat room long before I was. I miss havin him to chat with.

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was on the old board also... but when it changed i got lose somewhere.. but i like the name i have now and everything i have aquaired

18. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I joined up back in 2003 and have made many good friends here.:006:

19. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I must be getting old it was 2002 not 2003 lol:tounge_out: .

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Who you callin "old", Jesse? LOL