Where did the Iowans go?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am probably starting this thread in the wrong location...but my question is where did all of the Iowans go? It seems like the state of Iowa site has just shut down and there is very little activity on it lately. I would post this question on that site but it seems like it isn't getting visited anymore. So if you are out there keep us updated on what is going on thanks.

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Todd, it has been the same for me in the Kentucky section. Either noone is catching fish or they are not posting about them. There hasn't been many new posts in a while. Vern

3. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am still here, I was out Monday evening for awhile did not catch anything May go back out Tues.

4. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    wow, the kentucky site must be slow if you are roaming around in the Iowa one. Hopefully the fishing will pick up for all and the message boards will be full again. I know it has been really good for me up until the rivers came up and I haven't been able to get the boat out in awhile, but that will soon change.

5. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I had a two week skunking, finally recovered wednesday catching seven cat on the Coralville res. Ran out of shad and the bite stopped about the same time. Coincidence? Not sure, was nice catching again. Set them free. primitive

6. FLETCH

FLETCH Member

State:
    Villisca Iowa
    Name:
    Ron
    Your right a lot of people are moving away from the rural area I live in. Lots of houses for sale and farm land, but there are lots of farm ponds to fish with big fish in them and you hardly ever have to find a spot to sit down. Nice big farm pond cats and big bass.

7. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
  8. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Still her as well. Wondering where everyone went. Am looking for a fishing partner in the LeClaire area

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Heck I'm still here. Went fishing at green valley St.Lake north of Cresten Ia.last Monday and the wind and rain drove me off the lake.But I did manage to boat 2 channels on cut blugill,a #8 and a #5 pounder. A bad day fishing is better than any day at work.a little over a year left and 'll hang My Knives up for GOOD after 43 years thats a plenty for Me.:big_smile:

10. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I grew up in Iowa but moved down to Kansas. I check in to the Iowa section from time to time just to keep up on the action up there.
    I've noticed the same thing about not too many posters in Iowa.
    Iowans are mostly farmers and small town folk that tend to keep to themselves (lame generalization).

Maybe the age of computers hasn't made it to most Iowan homes yet? :lol:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Vern, what's up with Stan (iowacatter)? Have you talked to him? He's been on my mind lately quite a bit, and I am becoming a bit concerned :sad2:.

12. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Been awhile ago, but the last time I pm'd with Stan he said that he had a big project he would be working on this spring/summer that would be taking up quite a bit of his spare time. I'm guessing it's keeping him busy.

13. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I've gone fishin, they are biting pretty good around here, and I have been up by the dam (Lock and Dam 19)quite abit. I even attended a fish fry today. So between fishing and then eating, I'm busy.LOL Later Andy

14. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have been a few times this year. Only catching small ones. I really havent been to the river much do to the water being so high. I hope we get some dry wheather so I can find a dry bank to fish from soon.

15. cjcat

cjcat New Member

State:
    iowa
    OK I finally found a site with IA catfishing. I live in the SE part and fish mainly in the Iowa, Cedar, Miss rivers and Coralville Lake. I had a good week in the Miss, catching 25 Tue and 29 today. Ready to go to Coral. Any info would be appreciated

16. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    I was at Green Valley yesterday with the kids. They caught one small channel, and eight bullheads.

17. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    muscatine iowa here

18. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    3 good cats this week caught below spillway. From 20-47 pounds. I've been fishing on lake though and the fish are holding at about 15-25 feet deep till 10-11 pm. Seems like live bait is working the best. Good fishing to all!!

Will

19. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowans just shy to talk about it!!! We going cattin this weekend down at lake!! Been some respectible fish taken out below dam. Well got to go drown a leech!!

Will:smile2:

20. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    Going below the dam in muscatine in the morning. will let you know how it goes.