Where can I get some skipjack at around Wichita, KS

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by gbennett21, Jun 5, 2007.

1. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    hay i was thinking of trying to use some skipjack for fresh cut bait(tierd of the smaller fish i catch with sonnys never used live or cut bait untill i became a member here seen alots of pics of good fish useing fresh bait.is skipjack good to use around here or some other type of baitfish. please help if skipjack is good how you catch them and were,or can i buy them were in wichita,ks

2. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm from Wichita and I can say I've heard of anyone using skipjack around here. I don't know much about them, so I'm not even sure if there are any around here. What I do know is that there is shad and bluegill, and you can't go wrong with either of them. I can't tell you the best places to get shad, but you'll probably just have to try a bunch of different places with your castnet. As for bluegill, they are pretty much anywhere... worms and a bobber. Try little ponds under shade trees. Little farm ponds are probably the best and quickest way to catch them that I've found, but at lakes around the docks and stuff they are always there. Good luck.

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    usually you can find bait at the baitshop lol :canny::canny: