Where can i get one of those ugly stick rods that r 4 catfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by whiskerchaser, Jun 28, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    does anyone have a link to where i can get one of those ugly stick catfish rods? I think they are white. Also i am on a tight budget so kinda cheap.

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    You can get one at wall mart. I picked one up there last week, and they are not that expensive

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    You might try Catfish Connection. They are one of the BOCs sponsors.

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I got mine at BassPro for about 30

5. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Walmart or BPS has them around here.

6. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    You can also get them on EBAY.

7. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I guess CC is no longer a sponsor,but you can still get the rod from them

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd try walmart. My walmart only has them in spinning rods right now. For a while they had casting and spinning.

9. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I WENT TO WALMART LAST NIGHT AND FOUND LIGHTNING RODS MADE BY BERKLEY...THEY WERE ORIGINALLY 37.99 AND NOW ON CLEARENCE AT EVERY WALMART EVERYWHERE AT 15.00. ON THE BERKLEY SITE THEY ARE 44.95. THE ORIGINAL PRICE AT WALMART IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE UGLY STIK'S, AND I'VE CLOSELY INSPECTED IT AND IT IS BUILT XTRA-XTRA TOUGH...I LIKE EM'....GOIN' 2DAY TO BUY THE REMAINING 6 OF THEM. EVERYTHING GOES ON CLEARENCE EVERYWHERE IN THE US AT THE SAME TIME. I ASKED ONE OF THE WORKERS AND SHE CONFIRMED THIS, SO U SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM AT UR LOCAL WALMART. AND HELL, AT THAT PRICE U CAN BUY DAMN NEAR 3 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE UGLY STIK...HERES A LINK ABOUT THE LIGHTNING RODS:
    http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php?k=50211&sk=50207&p=PURLSTBS661MH

SHAUN

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That worker was 100% incorrect. Each store has to scan the SKU #'s into their own computer system before any clearance price can be given. Walmart is not "online" w/ their products. (meaning they dont have a master invoice or a master system that will allow for the same price to be given chain wide.)

A very large problem w/ Walmart's clearance items is that one store may have product X for $15 but the store 20 miles down the road may have if for $22. Each store has the ability to dictate their own clearance prices. Beleive me I've been round & round w/ them about this for awhile.

$15 is one heck of a deal on the Lightning rods. The only negative I could see is that they are graphite & most people prefer somesort of EGlass for Cat rods. But at that price, I too would stock up.

11. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana

LIGHTING RODS ARE MADE OF E GLASS...WHEN I SEE SOMETHING AT THE WALMART HERE ON CLEARENCE AND THEY R GONE, I GO TO EITHER THE ONE IN MEATAIRIE(ABOUT 20 MIN AWAY OR THE WALMART IN MARRERO(ABOUT 35 MIN AWAY) AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME SPORTING GOOD ITEMS ON CLEARENCE...IF THERE ARE ANY LEFT ANYWAY.