Where can I get Flathead Catfish from shore?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by pr1mo5, May 7, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I have went to the uppersalt and my wife got the 15lb channel cat and no runs all last year tried waterdogs,bluegills,carp just about anything moving I live in Apache Junction is there any place to go near hear to get a good flathead?

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    im not familiar with that area...im sure that someone has to have some good info for ya. have you been able to find any areas with a little moving water? I know you can pull them from still water but a little current seems to help out most of the time for me.

3. RandallRandazzle

RandallRandazzle New Member

State:
    Arizona
    How close are you looking for? Lake Roosevelt is your best bet, just book it up the Apache Trail

4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    It just takes time,lotsa time and lotsa patience!

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I will go anywhere! lol at this time I just want to catch any flat head from shore I dont have a boat so im stuck. Any where in arizona im up for going there as long as I can get there without a boat.

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Colorado River. Produces flats all the time. For lots of people. I know a few people that travel 4+ hours to come fish here.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    if you'd tell people where you are at, it would help. we do have people all over this state, but you have us in the blind where you are.
    gary

8. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I put im in apache junction. Where would i go at the colorado? Where is the best spot on the upper salt or rosie? Anywhere that is likley for flatts im in!

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've caught a few flatheads from the shore at Roosevelt, but, since the water is up ,, I don't have a clue..
    I fish mainly at the Colordo , near Blythe, CA.. Find somewhere you can cast a line in, and fish..
    The more you go, the more you'll learn,,
    I'm still trying to get more time on Roosevelt and Bartlett, but, without a boat,, no confidence in this bank fisherman,,,,,,