Where can I find it?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Oct 10, 2008.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I read a post a few months about how much a billion is, broken down into seconds, minutes, hours, and so on can anyone tell me whee I can find that post again?

I remember that the seconds would put us back in the 1950's, I think it read 1957

2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Don't know about the post. The math is easy though once you've gotten past the horror of figuring it out.

60 seconds to a minute
    360 seconds to an hour
    8640 seconds to a day
    3,153,600 seconds to a year

1,000,000,000 divided by 3,153,600 = 317.0979198 years ago
    317 times 3,153,600 = 999,691,200 seconds
    that leaves 308,800 seconds = 35 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes, 40 seconds.

1,000,000,000 seconds = 317 years, 35 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes, 40 seconds

IF my math is correct (could be totally wrong):smile2:

This doesn't include leap years, so take out 1 day every 4 years? Even with that, it's:

115740 DAYS, 17 hours, 4 minutes, 40 seconds.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    1 little zero got ya takeaction (3600 seconds an hour). Don't know the original post top, but going back a million seconds would only take us back a little over 11 and a half days. Going back a billion seconds would take us back about 31.71 years ago, or sometime the end of January, 1977. Going back a trillion seconds would take us back about 31,710 years ago. It's amazing how much that m,b, or tr at the front of the -illion changes things.

4. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    This is why I always have my son check my work! LOL! Karen and I just got back form a long walk on the land, and I hurt myself more than I should, so I took my meds, and this happens. rofl Thank you for correcting me. Maybe I should lay down... :embarassed:

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It happens to all of us, probably me a lot more than you!

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Bumper, I do not know how old that post was or how old it was when the member found the info on the internet, I just thought it was a cool post explain to everyone the actual, concept of a billion and the tax payers gave AIG more than 80 billion!!! Turn that money over to the B.O.C. members and we could do something with it.

7. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    YEA YEA! 100 foot houseboat/catfishing rigs for us all! We'd never have to leave!

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Top, here's an interesting link on How Much is a Billion.

If you sat down to count from one to one billion, you would be counting for 95 years.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dayton that was what I was looking for.