Where can I find herring on Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ductman82, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ductman82

ductman82 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i used to go to atkins landing to get it but a tornado tore the roof off his bait shed and now its going to be a couple of weeks before it opens back up and i dont know where else to get heron at or how to catch it does any one know where to buy it or how to catch some any info would help thank you brothers

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You might get in trouble using heron for bait, now herring on the other hand...

3. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Blacks fish camp always has live fish for bait. Wheither it is herring or shad that changes from time to time. Try there.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Neds, Blacks, Canal Lakes, and Hills all should have them. You can also catch them on a sabiki rig in front of the locks on Moultrie.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yep, there's no other place on the lower lake; have to go across to Black's, Hill's, Canal Lakes or some other place. Ned's is on hwy 45 just a short distance from the diversion canal. You can maybe catch some near the dam, but I haven't tried them lately.

6. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    This is something I NEED TO get into the habit of doing. (Catching bait instead of buying it) With gas as high and going higher we need to reconsider the other options to saving $$$. Sabiki rigs have worked well for me with perch near the diversion canal. Never tried near the lock, but I do hear it works there.
    Jonathan

7. ductman82

ductman82 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    oops herring not heron thanks for that correction