where can i catch shad on the red river on the oklahoma side bye lebanon oklahoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by buzzer_myers, Mar 20, 2008.

1. buzzer_myers

buzzer_myers New Member

State:
    nebraska
    hi i am heading to lebanon oklahoma tomorrow for a nice 9 day fishing trip for cats and stripers with my two oldest boys we are from nebraska and have not been there before so i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i could go to catch some shad and maybe some nice chubs and shiners also i cant find any laws on set lines and if i could use a casting net to get my bait thanks for your time

chris myers

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i always catch my shiners out of creeks, and I use a throw net in some rivers and catch river shad.

3. buzzer_myers

buzzer_myers New Member

State:
    nebraska
    thanks for the info but i was wondering if anyone had any directions after i get down there or if they would share some info on a good hole to get some shad and shiners in the lebanon area

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Go to Newberry Ramp ... take boat....throw shad net by the BIG earth-mover tire barrier strung together with cable:eek:oooh::tounge_out::big_smile: But ya better be there fore day-break...harder to get after 1st light...Get them there every time i go to the big T-lake.:wink: