Where can I buy or get Live eels?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Will i am, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Live in Lexington NC and I'm needing some live eels anybody know where I can get some around the area or order any?

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Where are you located ? I would have to know where your located to tell you if I can help you out on the buying part , but you may be able to catch them where your fishing . :wink:

3. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    I'd like to know where i can get some frozen american eels also, i did some research but to no avail.

Had a couple local shops tell me that they stopped carrying them cause of the regs PA put on selling them.

I catch a fair amount of them, so I don't really worry about it too much, but I'd like to know so I could stock up for a trip I'll be taking....

Best way I catch them is on rod and reel with a circle hook tightlined, blow up a worm about a half a foot of the bottom and if they are there, you'll get hit...

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    William first off welcome to the BOC ,this is a graet site ,if you would check out the N.C roll call thread an also the N.C. gathering thread.
    Down here in Wilm.area i us a 2 hook drop rig { spot rig } baited with shrimp to catch eels, also a local tackle shop in Castle Hanye sells eels

5. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm located in Lexington NC, I'm about 15 minutes away from High Rock lake and 40 from Badin...

6. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I don't know of anywhere close to you to buy them , but you should be able to catch them , refer to the other posts you have recieved . Good luck and keep casting . :wink: Oh ya sorry about my manners and welcome to the BOC , the only site on the internet . :smile2:

7. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the info! The bluegill and Brim are doing it for me right now and caught a few off live shad but saw in other posts where people have been using eel and was tryin to get some just to try them around here...Going Wednesday night and seeing what i can do..I'm taking some creek chubs out which I hear works great around here but I'll keep u informed..thanks Will

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I know gander mountain here in Fayetteville sells them, but down around you I don't really know. You could go to the gander moutnain in Greensboro or Mooresville.

9. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Good idea..never thought about Gander I'll give them a call and see what they have, Thanks for the info

10. G-Cat

G-Cat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can confirm for you that Gander Mountain in Mooresville doesn't sell eels. Only crappie minnows and medium and large shiners. And welcome to the BoC.

-Garrett

11. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    u can get eels at a eel farm, one in trenton wherever thats at. should be able to order.search nc eels farms online. hope this helps ya. good luck

12. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    No eels at the Gander Mountain in Greensboro. Only minnows

John

13. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks to you all for finding out that info for me! I'll look into some eel farms!