where are you from

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catman-j, Jul 25, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I was thinking that it would be nice if everyone would edit their profile to reflect what city or town in Nebraska you live in so that when we try to plan a gathering we will have a better idea as to who might show up.

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Done

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    I like this idea .. hope it works!!

4. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    maybe even one step further, like
    omaha area or
    lincoln area or
    Kearney or or or

5. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I live in Lincoln. Originally from Grand Island but have lived in Kearney and Omaha and have fished damn near every body of water in this state!!! Also lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee for a couple of years. You want good river fishing - go there. 30lb. Blues were as common as Bluegill are here. Big Flatties too. All my PB's were caught there. Best fishing I have ever done in my life :big_smile:

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    in other words come here to catch the PB gillies and take them down there to catch the PB blues huh?? :smile2::smile2:

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I live out by Lake McConahey. Clear on the western part of the state. But I've fished every salt lake around Lincoln. And just about every interstate lake from here to Omaha. Fished the MO, Blue, The Repulican, and the Loup up by Fullerton and Columbus. I'd say my top 5 spots are The blue by Beatrice #1, Bluesteam, Twin Lakes East, Branched Oak, and Salt Creek by 14th St by the Cornhusker Hwy.
    If anyone wants to go walleye fishing I know the very best fishery in the state is right up the road at Lake Mac.
    And I'd say the best place hands down I've ever fished is on the Santee Cooper lake in South Carolina. That's where the world record Channie was caught (I think), I know one world record is from that lake. Anyways talk to you all later.

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    me and the wife lived in Knoxville for 3 years before the kids came around....fishing the tenn river which ran thru my back and front yard was the best fishing ever....just wish you can eat anything out of there:eek:oooh:

and about the location thing...sorry witness protection requires me to say "kansas" with a jersey accent :smile2:

9. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Lived in so. Cal for a while other than that nebraska city.. Fished the pacific one time off the coast of mexico... Didn't hav e much time to do any other fishing. .. 1st tnk bn. took up most the time

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well, you already know where I live, but I might add as far as places I have fished. The include in Nebraska. Tri-County Canal lakes, Swanson and Sherman, Medicine Creek and Red Willow and other lakes. Fished in Canada and Minnesota. Colorado and Kansas and Iowa. Few other places too.

Lived and raised in a small town called Blue Hill for many years. Moved to Lincoln and then Colorado for a few months and back to Hastings to where I'm living at this present time. If I had my way someday, I would be back on the farm living the quiet life!!

11. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    LIVIN LAVIDA ROCA:smile2:

12. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    Council Bluffs Iowa Just east of Omaha !!!!!!!!!!!

13. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    done

14. catchall

catchall New Member

State:
    NEBRASKA
    REALLY INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE FROM EVERYONE WHAT WORKS ON THE CATS AFROUND HERE. I AM MORE USE TO FSHING FOR BASS AND ALL. I HAVE CATFISHED BEFORE BUT, NEVER REALLY GOT INTO IT ALL THAT MUCH. NOW THAT I HAVE GOTTEN MARRIED AGAIN(3RD TIME),,LOL, SHE WORKS EARLY MORNINGS AND SINCE I AM UP AT 1:30 AM TO TAKE HER TO WORK, I MAY AS WELL GO OUT AND HIT THE WATERS. BEEN HAVIN' MOST OF MY LUCK ON SHRIMP. WOULD LIKE TO K NOW WHATELSE I CAN USE. I KNOW ABOUT THE CUT BAIT BUT, THE BLUEGILLS HAVEN'T BEEN DOIN' TOO MUCH BITING LATELY. I WANNA TRY DOUGHBALLS BUT, NOT REALLY SURE WHAT TO USE TO MAKE 'EM OR HOW TO KEEP IT FROM DRYIN' OUT AND STAYIN' ON THE HOOK. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? BEEN THINKIN' BOUT USIN' SOME JACK DANIELS IN TE MIX BUT, NOT SURE HOW THAT WOULD GO. THAT STUFF IS A LITTLE TOO HIGH PRICED TO BE WASTIN' IT.....LOL. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!!!

15. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Thanks for your post. What city do you live in? Don't waste your time with doughballs. keep trying shrimp and turkey liver.

16. catchall

catchall New Member

State:
    NEBRASKA
    THANKS CATMANJEFF. MYSELF I AM FROM WESTPOINT RIGHT NOW. I USE TO LIVE IN OMAHA,COUNCIL BLUFFS, FREMONT AND ELKHORN. I GUESS I CAN'T STAY IN ONE SPOT TOO LONG....LOL. I AM USE TO TRAVELING ALOT. I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE STATES BUT, KEEP COMING BACK TO NEBRASKA. DON'T KNOW WHY THOUGH. THERE REALLY ISN'T TOO MUCH HERE. AS FAR AS THE SHRIMP AND LIVER GO, FOR NOW THEY HAVE STOPPED BITING ON IT. NOW ALL I AM CATCHING IS GAR AND TURTLES. GETTIN' KINDA TIRED OF THEM. I HAVE HOOKED A COUPLE OF TURTLES WITH SHELLS AS BIG AS 14 INCH RIMS. A REAL BIG ONE BUT, JUST HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET 'EM OUT OF THE WATER. THE LINE SNAPS BEFORE I DO. I DO GET 'EM UP TO THE SHORELINE BUT, THAT IS AS FAR AS I GET 'EM. NOW THIS LAKE I FISH ALSO HAS A LOT OF CARP AND BUFFALO IN IT. I FIGURED THAT I COULD USE THE DOUGHBALLS ON THEM TOO. I JUST HAVE THE PROBLEM OF THEM DRYIN' OUT ANDFLYIN' OFF WHEN CASTING.

17. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr

18. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Does BFE work for a location? j/k But it's how I feel sometimes when I want to get something and the nearest place to buy one is a two or three hour drive each way,but I still wouldn't trade it for city livin'!

19. NebraskaWalleye

NebraskaWalleye New Member

State:
    Viola Kansas
    Holdrege Nebraska. Have plenty of decent lakes and canals within an hours drive of me.

20. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    way down here auburn,peru and brownville got some of all 3 fer me. we should all get together for some ice fishing if it ever gets cold enough