where are they

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by natethe great, May 5, 2008.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    where are all the cats ive fished the last thursday and all day sat only good think i cought was a ton of shad i was just wonderin o yeah i have now cought every thing in the lake except a bowfin and a snake and sat i caught a bluegill a carp and a box turtle all in the same cast so y dont yall let me know what all kinds of things yall have caught in the ol cast net

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    I'm not sure where the cats are. I just got some gills,perch and crappie but can't catch any cats yet.

3. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    if u figure out where they r let us all know . 3 weekends 1 cat maybe 4 lbs it has been tough

4. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    They could be near the aerators feeding on dead or wounded shad. The shad were in the aerators pretty heavy so maybe the cats went from the drift spot and followed the bait fish.

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Cats are spawning. Serious lockjaw looks to be statewide at this point!! Come on FULL MOON!! That should be the end of it pretty much!

6. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah guys i dont know whats going on ud figure thed be hungary but i guess not well today after school im going out to bait a hole and maybe fish a lil but i dont know yet well ill let yall know how i do well
    till next time good fishing
    :wink:

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    over the weekend all the action i had was in the morning, on cut shad and threading up whole ones too. the bite was light so pay attention, There out there just need to look for them. sunday was a whole diffrent story, I got to the lake late and only got a few small ones, The big boys are still hitting, You can try going to the shallows and fishing there I get some good action when the bite is slow. The water temp was around 64 over the weekend, that was the surface temp. The cats are most likely going to go the warmer waters in coves and rockey banks. Fishing the bubbles may produce some cats. but, I have found only little ones there in the 1-4 lb range, and mostly whites at that. When drifting you need to keep it slow so put out that extra drift sock. By the end of the month the lake will most likely be back to normal and the cats will be more active. Nate call me when you get time,Jeff

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's some pretty diverse cast netting. Sorry to hear there are no cats. Keep trying they will come to you sooner or later.

9. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    well i went out last night for the 2.5 hours that i had and i took a long lost friend out that i hadnt talked to in like 6 years but anyways all we cought was 3 beautifull channels it most be the time of year but they were nice lookin as far as cats go but yeah thats all i cought but now bait is easy to get and im glad for that well i might go out tommorow and sat if i do ill keep yall posted jeff i have to work the saturday two weeks from now well till next time everyone good fishing
    :wink: