Where are the retriever guys?

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by gottafish, Mar 8, 2006.

1. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Alright - who's out there? Any hunt test or field trial guys?

/Scott

2. djlabs

djlabs New Member

State:
    MO.
    We have a couple of retrievers - one that we would like to get hunt test titled, he already has his Junior hunt title, we just haven't been able to get it finished up -- too much working and not enough time to train like we would like to.

3. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    not a hunt trial guy but I'm all about duck dogs.

4. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    At least there are a couple of guys out there :) My boy's getting a little old to do any real work. Arthritis gets the best of him. I titled him a Master Hunter in NAHRA a few years ago. He lives for a retrieve!! But it's just a little too tough anymore. I really need to get pup started.

/Scott

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'm not into trials...but I have trained MANY Labs to hunt ducks and geese. Never did get into the field trials....I was always too busy hunting! ;)

6. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Retriever guy here, I own and hunt 2 Pointing Labs. No field trials. Just days in the feilds on wild Iowa birds. Gottafish, I wished you lived closer, I have a unspoken for pup in this last litter which I thought about starting and selling him that way. They are only 4 weeks old so I'm sure he will get a home before 7 weeks. iowacatter

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Quit the test because it became to political, sometimes its not about the dog, its about who you are. I still have a couple labs, one that I can't keep in even with electric fencing but man what a duck dog.

8. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a litter from my male and fenmale due Friday. They will most likely be all black but there is a possibility of some choco's

9. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    We're up to 4. 2 black males, 1 black feamle and a yellow male.

10. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    puppies and mama dog.

I got 1 male and 2 females that are unclaimed.

Attached Files:

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    This is Bo, unless you listen to the wife, then he's Beau. I told her she can call him whatever she wants but his name is Bo.
    He'll be 2 in July and will retrieve tennis balls, squeaker toys, table legs, snowballs and frisbees. He's one of those lazy dogs that doesn't work for a living.
    Rat

Attached Files:

• Bo2.jpg
      Bo2.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Here is a picture of my 2 criiters.

Buster the Black lab and Dixie(some type of a mix, she is the sight hound constanly looks for squirrels and other critters.

chris

Attached Files:

13. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I have a current 7wk old chocolate female, plan on just giving her the usual duckdawg routine although she make pick up on coon even who knows, she'll be around the hounds.

14. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Hey, those labs are great dogs. Dang near as good as a Setter!
    Max & I chase pheasants, mostly in southern Iowa. I was raised in Central Illinois, but fall plowing killed off almost all the birds there.

15. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I got a yellow lab "Brier". He is starting to slow down and get a little gray on the face ........ but so am I. He is a great duck and goose dog. We also try to do at least a little upland hunting each year too.

16. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    I've got 4 Labs - 1 blk. male, 2 blk. females & choc. female. Used to do ALOT of hunt tests but it has gotten too expensive running 4 dogs a weekend. Gas, motels, entry fees, etc... have all gone up. I am a hardcore waterfowler and know how to train to the level I need. I have the auto launchers, wingers, etc... and train primarily on my own. Don't really need the hunt tests anymore - it was fun however. But there are just too many hobbies and some had to go!