Where are the NE TN people at

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by JRicker, Jun 8, 2008.

1. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I see people that fish in or near middle and west TN on here all the time. Is there noone in NE TN that fishes in the cherokee lake area? Let me Know your on here guys

2. MBeggs

MBeggs New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I have been fishing for stripers on boone and lake trout on watauga last couple of weeks. I did spend about 3 hrs catfishing boone monday night where I had caught some nice flats 3 weeks ago. Nothing but small stripers in those areas. I have started to catch some big stripers in the cold tailwaters here though. I hope to start finding some cats soooooon!!!I plan on spending some time on cherokee next month looking for big cats, I would believe that a lake with such a strong bait pop. would grow some big cats. Anyone have any cherokee stories???

3. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Here I am, I fish Boone, South Holston, and occasionally Cherokee - J.S. steam plant.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Now were getting a little closer to where I call home. I fish South Holston almost every week (when able). I have never fished Boone but I do get down to Cherokee several times a year. Fished Douglas a couple of times with limited success. Cherokee is almost always a good trip for me. We went down a little while back and loaded up with some nice channel cats and a couple smaller blues. The local guy that was with us called the small blues "white catfish" but from what I could find out and know about the lake they were just small blues (about 5 pounds).

I am setting here right now giving a lot of thought to pulling out and going to Cherokee this weekend. Just depends on how the wife reacts to the idea.:eek:oooh::big_smile:

Always up for a fishing trip.

David

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Don't think they were white cats either would bet a 5lb white would be a long standing record if they even get that big ! Not that big in KY:big_smile:

6. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee

ive ate at the steak house. ive been to the docks and looked in the water, its real murky and alot of fish.
    even striper :]
    but idk how the fishing is.
    id feed the ducks there every time i got a chance. when i went to the dock. hundreds of fish were trying to jump out and steal the bread haha

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    :0a23::0a22::0a23::0a22::0a23:
    On my way to Cherokee for a few days. Hope to have a good report when I get back.:big_smile::006:

8. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Well I ended up fishing South Holston last night. I was going to go on done to Cherokee today gut had a couple of issues that ended with me back home. I did catch several cats last night but nothing big.:sad2:Someone decided to steal the foot control for y trolling motor so that made drifting rather tough. Then to make matters worse I started having a tough time getting the motor to start. With no trolling motor as a back up that could have gotten interesting to say the least.:eek:oooh: I decided to drop the boat at the repair shop and call the trip off.:sad2: Maybe next week, I will get to make it to Cherokee.

9. FishinTNbetter

FishinTNbetter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey, i live right here in NE TN. I went up to the john sevier steam plant a couple days ago and caught 5 cats. mostly a pound to a pound and a half. tops. I enjoy fishing but im looking for those big catfish. someone on here had recommended me try shad or shiners and i did and had no luck at all with either of the two. Chicken Liver just seems to be the trick there. but not catching any trophy cats. anyone have any suggestions?