Where are the lights on the berkly glow rods ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Montgomery, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have read the post about the rods. but my questions this . where exactly does the rod light up on the pole . and are these the ones i have seen that runon aa or somthing like 3 of them. i seen some guys useing some glow sticks one night . not sure by what brand . and it looked like the bottom half were glowing like a blue color. andi remeber thining man what a bad place to use the lights. and i just about bought a berkly the other day until i thought of that night . is that how the berkly light up????

2. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Berkley glowsticks are a two piece rod, the bottom portion lights up. There is one light right above the foregrip and one right where the rod breaks down.

3. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well i was going to get a coupke f them . but i dont need those areas of my rod to glow at all. in my eyes thats a waste . i hate to here it . thanks buddy !

4. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    to bad the tips dont light up!:angry:

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If you put the rod out in the sun for about an hour the whole thing glows. You wont even really need the two lights.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is what I don't under stand about people and glow sticks. Why does it matter where the light is. Compared to a black rod in the dark that you cant see at all at the very least you can find it. I have had one for a couple of years now and I love it. No I hardly ever use the lights they are to bright, but the rod glows in the dark with out them. I wish all my rods glowed like that. I have a ten footer and it has held up very well to large shovelheads. My advice is not to get to technical and just appreciate it for what it is. A good rod that you can see in the dark.:wink:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i don't care much either to watch my rods, thats why i use bait-clickers and let run to tell me im getting hit. however, i can say that i have put reflective tape on the tips of some of my rods, a small light as in led headlamp or red light with the tape work well, without having to use too much light...rollo

8. DaveHufford

DaveHufford New Member

State:
    Washington
  9. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    If you're of the persuasion of those who enjoy "christmas tree" fishing poles there are a lot of options.

One the of the cheapest ways is to take one of the chem-light's that's intended to fit in the light up bobbers and use a small zip tie to attach it to the tip of the rod.

One kid I ran into on a pier had actually whipped a cheap guide on the tip of his pole (opposite side of the guides the line goes through), that was just the right size to fit one of those small chem-lights in snugly. I should have asked what size guide he used...

If your a mono user, a portable black light will make your mono light up enough to tie even technical knots with ease. I honestly don't know if this works with fluorocarbon and pretty sure it won't work with Cajun line (clear blue stren looks like a fluorescent tube haha)... but it's another option.

A few company's make LED lights that attach to the rod at the tip like the one I'm going to attempt to attach to this post. Most are under $10 and are bright enough to see your tip dancing.

Attached Files:

• rtl.jpg
      rtl.jpg
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views: