Where are the Georgia members

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by qball, Jun 12, 2006.

1. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Kinda quite wondering where's everybody at.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I live in warner robins but if you look at the member map you will see a few of our location I was wondering where they all were at this past gathering

3. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Well I had plans with some family members this weekend and stayed there all weekend. I would have come up and meet everybody. But if I didn't have plans I would have. It sounds like ya'll had a good time.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Henery we are still here just working our tails off as I know you are.

5. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I live near Summerville, Ga. I usually fish the Coosa River and Lake Weiss but this year I have not wet a line yet. Between my business and my Dad's illness I just cannot get time to go....I am goin nuts!!!! Maybe, just maybe I can slip away this weekend.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    It might help the stress to get away if omly a short time then let us know

7. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Hay I know what you mean I'm going to forsyth for the next to weeks to teach. By that time I will be ready to go the river to relax. And don't really car if I catch anything but some peace and quite.

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Been working too much lately. Plan on catching some blues on Saturday.Maybe work will slack up just a little so I can restock the freezer.
    I sure would like to have been able to make the gathering this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

whatever it takes

Cheez

9. DavisBoy

DavisBoy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've been reading..ok I've been lurking in the shadows AND reading the forums for a bit.

Finally registered after I told my old man in Arizona to get on here cause theres some great info and I want to do some catfishing with him next month when I get over there.

So HELLO. :big_smile:

10. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Welcome to the BOC its good to see more Ga members on board.

11. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    wow, great to see posts.

12. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Hay I know what you mean.

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Welcome daviesboy tell us a little about you

14. DavisBoy

DavisBoy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Watcha wanna know?

Live in Gwinnett Co...moved here about a year ago.

The hooch is right around the block so I bought a beat up 14' jon boat to relax and fish. (not very relaxing getting in and out of the water since I have no trailer yet and getting it in and out of the truck by myself isn't all that fun..dang thing ain't light)

Not much up this way on the river cept for trout though.

Haven't really done any strictly catfishing since I was a kid..maybe 15 years ago.

But I do love to fish, camp and 4 wheel. Like I said, bought the beat up boat last month and a couple years ago bought a 30 foot travel trailer (yeah I know not too hardcore but it's the only way the little lady will go camping with me..with a built in toilet and a shower..ROTFL...but I won't complain cause she stocks it with food and keeps me fed while we're out and it's fits the two of us plus 6 kids)

So now I'm looking to start getting around some of the lakes and do a little fishing and maybe start hunting again next year.

Read about your gathering, and actually wanted to go and tried to plan around to do so, but the schedule didn't allow it.

Anyways here I am finally chiming in, hoping to meet some people to hang out and fish with.

15. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Any of you guys ever fished Union Creek off the Savannah River? Its tidal affected but appears to be loaded with blues and channels. Been doing a good bit of scouting around in that area and catching a lot of fish, nothing over about six lbs. Im sure there are big fish in this creek but just havent targeted them yet. Gotta wait till Im not loaded down with grandkids !!! Mine dont have the patience to wait out the big boys !! This place has catfish wrote all over it.......but I never see another boat in there except for an occasional bass fisher or bream fisher.

16. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have never fish there but would like to one day.

17. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Like to get on some blues or chanl. Haven't really cault any in the altamaha with some size to them.

18. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    qball, it's about time for that avatar now?! You hit your 100 post a few ago..
    best place I found for channels was in Bulloch county, they were being spring fed.. I'll PM you the secret spot. :lol:

19. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I trying as hard as I can. I sent mine to Jim and hes working on it. Has for now they much I can do way from home. I have to teach up in forsyth.

20. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    What do you teach, qball?