Where are the fish

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by camochris2, Sep 19, 2007.

1. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    went fishing to day at 7 am tell 2 and only hade one bite i was useing shad and cut quillback for bet tryed every thing was just woundering if any body knows what is going on or what there biteing on

2. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Ya whats up, I went out this morning also, using live Goldeye not one bite. Fished until the sun broke out around 2:00. Also did a Decarb on my motor thanks to Bubbakat instructions, which help making it idle and run smoother.

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    well chris......it might have costed me about$370 i will let ya know tomarrow after i go have a nice little chit chat with jon winkleman dance the greatest cat man of all times i dont think he want to see me

4. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Your going to have to clarify that J.R.

5. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well hate to be a fair weather fisher but my boat aint touchin the water until one of you guys catch some fish. spent to much money this year to go fishin already. last four times i've been out i've been pretty much skunked. :confused2:

6. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    the only way your going to catch fish is to go fish or no fish its still a good ol time thats the only way you will catch fish is to go :smile2:

7. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yur probly right, but i'm thinkin more like some winter fishing. if anyone knows of any ramps that you can still use in the winter (without backing off the edge.) let me know.

8. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    well good luck on that one most of them are a long ways out of the water that time of year but nebraska citys ramp is ok there is rock down there so you would probly be ok

9. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    That wasn't really a title.

10. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    we need more nebraska cat fisher men on here it seems there always the same few people nothing wrong with you guys but the more people the better info we all get foe other anglers we should try to do something to get more fishermen to this site just some thing i was thinking of

11. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i lost my phone at the dock it went spash now its vibrating in a big cats mouth

12. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA

I'll tell ya chris Im lucky to see one other boat out fishing i'd say 90% of the time. Either nobody fishes around Omaha or nobody fishes around me.

13. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska

why? i've always heard 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish, i think we have a good ammount of that 10% on this board already, if i'd like advice, i'd rather get it from the guys who know what they are doing. Put differently, i'd perfer a shorter post from a few hardcore fishermen and women than a huge long thread of "i got skunked, the fish ain't biting"

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

My best friend Aaron (TA2D) had a great article that he just got concerning fishing in the fall. With the barometer changing more during this time of the year it's harder to get the fish to bite. According to this article the best time to fish is when the barometer is falling and steady. Hopefully TA2D can give more information. We're actually planning a trout fishing trip up to Grove Lake WMA to the Verdigre creek.

And sorry, being in the military I just can't get out that much to fish as much as I would love to. But give me 12 more years when I'm collecting my retirement pension at 38 things will be different. :big_smile:

SudDawg

15. houghty26

houghty26 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here is one more avid Nebraska City catfisherman for you all. Looking forward to your posts and posting pics!

16. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Welcome to the BOC Trevor. maybe ill see ya sometime fishin the river