Where are the fish?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by crankbait77, Sep 7, 2007.

1. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out last night up river and sat for about four hours with live eels, not a single bite. Has anyone had any luck lately? If so what time has the bite been? We caught two nice blues early a couple of days ago, but nothing after 10 PM. Any help would be appreciated I only have a few more days to fish before I head off for the other side of the world.:embarassed:

2. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    my biggest flathead came at 2:30 in the morning...

One of my fishing partner's best flathead came at 9:30 at night...

seems for us the best bite has been right after dusk and right before dawn which is typical....

but you just never know.....expect the unexpected....

when you come back home you should have a nice little certificate from the nc wildlife resources commission (for your state record).....it's pretty fancy..

have a safe deployment and we will all be back here praying for your safe return....god speed...

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the information, hopefully I will be able to catch something nice tonight. I might make one more trip after this before I put everything away for a while. I got the certificate the other day that was kind of cool. Other than that I am getting a free spool of line from Diawa, and Sea Styker sent me a free T-shirt.

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    hey it's better than nothing.....

i had a guy call from the advertising agency who handles the advertising for carolina skiff....

he wanted to do a photo shot and an article...he said that no state record fish had been caught from a carolina skiff and that my former channel cat was the first...

but i consulted with the owner of the skiff and we decided not to pursue it...

5. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yep, FREE stuff is always better than NO stuff.

6. pirateangler

pirateangler New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I caught some nice flats and channels out by the Town Commons in Greenville. Use livers, cut bait or live eel.

7. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How did you do last night? Hopefully all this rain we are supposed to get this week will make the bite a little better.

8. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If the weather was going to help the bite it wasn't showing last night. We caught one 20 lbs blue early, and nothing in the boat after that except us. Maybe after the rain we are getting today they will pick back up.