Where are the fish on the Tennessee River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by pappacrappie, Jun 13, 2007.

1. pappacrappie

pappacrappie New Member

State:
    big sandy,tennessee
    over the last 3 days i have searched from paris landing to harmons creek...found no decent schools of catfish..anyone fishing between whiteoak and the duck..thought about startin at camden landing tomarrow afternoon and searching to the duck river...anyone working that area..thanks...

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you don't mind going a little further down river, a co-worker of mine caught some in the "Crooked Creek " area south of the I-40 bridge. They were mostly channels and they caught three small flatheads he said.

3. Tackle_Shack

Tackle_Shack New Member

State:
    Tn
    Heard from a guy that heard from a guy that they caught some down by Danville by the old railroad crossing. There is a building out in the river I think was a grainery back in the day. Guys were catching channels around that structure using night crawlers, nothing big but they caught a few. I was told that shrimp, chicken livers, and crawlers work better on the Tn River that skipjack...thats what I heard anyway.

4. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Don't give up! The blues are just now starting to return from the spawn a little down near Chattanooga. It'll be a little while yet before you see much of it farther upriver. It should get better every day. Good fishing!

5. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    which way is Harmon's creek from Paris landing?

I haven't been out lately in the TN River, But getting ready to for sure.

My Grandfather always told me about a spot out between Piney Campground and the main channel. The channel of lost creek winds through the area. He always caught some decent channel cats there. I'm gonna try it and see what happens next time I put the boat in the water. Or if you want to try it go for it. If you need some company let me know. I'm always up for fishing.

6. pappacrappie

pappacrappie New Member

State:
    big sandy,tennessee
    i live about 20 minutes from danville...spend a lot of afternoons there..i have caught several 3-10lbs. around the old mill...but havent found any schools so far...just wandering if anyone was finding any good size schools...

7. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I sure hope that EricM is right because the catfishing is no good in the tenn river right now. I dont know of anyone that has caught any to speak of.

8. pappacrappie

pappacrappie New Member

State:
    big sandy,tennessee
    steve...harmon is south of paris landing...the 4th bay south of danville on the west side..about 19 miles south of paris landing..

9. pappacrappie

pappacrappie New Member

State:
    big sandy,tennessee
    i searched from duck river to harmon...about 20 river miles... this weekend and still havent found them..not in big schools like i want too..

10. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello Everyone,
    We went out last Thursday from the Denver Marina(Pebble Island) and fished all the way down to Cuba Landing and only caught 2 little cats and 2 bream. There were alot of willow flies on the water. Not alot of fish hitting bait. My uncle has fished this river most of his life and he couldn't belive it. He brought small bream and craydads and we had shad and worms and still nothing hit. All I can figure is that there is no current and the fish won't hit when that happens.:big_smile:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You're more than welcome to some of the current we've got on the Arkansas. It was 160,000 cfs here at Little Rock today.

12. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    May try in the feeder creeks! Thats where we are finding them down here!!

13. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went last night for about six hours I caught so many 10's and 15's. My fingers are shreded to bits and hurting quite a lot. I also picked up a 54.3 pounder. So it was a good trip. All the biguns were released and a few smaller ones are in my fridge. I got poured on and thought I was going to die a time or to due to lighting exposer but I didn't so fun night on the river again.

14. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Man I can't believe I haven't even pulled my boat out of the garage for close to a month. Guess I haven't been missing much though, except wherever cumberlandcat fishes. I see he didn't mention any land marks either :wink: