Where are the eels?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by kylekutta, Mar 15, 2007.

1. kylekutta

kylekutta New Member

State:
    NC
    I have been to every place I know to buy eels and I can't find 1 place that has them.Does anyone know where I can find some?Does anyone else have this problem and why?

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I tried finding them myself, and I ended up calling the eel farm which basically supplies everyone and they said they aren't going to have any for quite a while. I have a couple traps that I am going to set so hopefully I will have some soon.

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I usually get mine from riverside sport center. I don't know if they have some right now, i haven't been there in about 2 weeks.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Its a little early for the stores to have the eels right now. They should have them in about 1.5 months. I hope this helps.

5. Bottomline

Bottomline New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Buy you an eel pot, and set it around rip rap at boat ramps. That's where I usually catch them.

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We've been catching them on bait rods set out with a nightcrawler. If you use any fish product is seems you'll just catch 4" blue cats. That's down in the lower Cape Fear though.

7. carolina hit man

carolina hit man New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    i use eel traps to

8. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I live near Clinton and they always have plenty over at Tony Bait and Tackle and they run about $1.25. They also have the Gold Fish too.

9. carolina hit man

carolina hit man New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    where is this at in clinton

10. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    i got lucky last night, i went fishing in black creek just outside darlington SC and caught my fill of eels for bait for the next 5 river trips i take on night crawlers and chicken livers and they were some of the biggest eels i've seen in a long time had three over two feet long and almost as big around as a soup can the rest were smaller about 15-18'' and as big around as the handle on my rod. Do any of you know how to build an eel pot or where to buy one?

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thomas you can buy one at agri supply or just use a regular minnow trap.

12. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I dont know how close to me you are but the nuese sport shop in Kinston NC has eels. In fact I dont think I have ever seen them run out.

13. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    they run out occasionally so I would suggest calling before you go.