Where are the cats in Eagle Creek?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Larry Beever, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I fish from the banks at Eagle Creek and I
    keep getting skunked this year.Are any of you
    catching any cats from there? Most of the people I talk to out there don't seem to be
    doing that well either. Seems like something
    is going wrong there. I use nightcrawlers,cut
    gills,chicken liver and shrimp and rarely
    catch any cats! What about you? Any advice?

2. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have not had luck catching cats anywhere Ive been. Maybe the flooding had something to do with it.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Cats are hard to catch right now and it will continue for a couple of weeks yet.

Welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people

4. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    try fishing big eagle creek below the lake. I've been catching some nice channels around 10th and lynhurst,and behind allisons. you can get your shad in there also.

5. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    me and boy caught some nice channels sunday at waverly, biggest 9lbs. try cut sucker heads that what we used. i think they getten off there nest

6. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you dont have a boat it can be difficult. There is one way that you can catch fish from the bank but it can be allot of work. Take a slip bobber and cast it as far as possable. Work your slip not up and down until you find exactly where the bottem is. then slide the not up 6in-1ft. Then go to casting and retrieving. this is most affective if you can fish a point or hump whith some sort of structure on it. I havent done this since I have owned a boat, because it is so much easier just to troll for them.

7. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I saw a guy catch a channel cat on a walleye board Sat afternoon near the dam at Eagle Creek. Never saw anyone pulling boards and using down riggers there before.