where are the catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by cicnolo, May 28, 2008.

1. cicnolo

cicnolo New Member

State:
    ne. CENTRA
    IS ANYONE IN NE. CATCHING MORE THAN ONE OR TWO CATS A DAY?BEEN OUT SEVERAL TIMES AND THE ONLY ONE WORTH TALKING ABOUT WAS 8#. JUST WONDERING HOW EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great fishing trip

3. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was fishing from a small lake by the missourri and had channels biting all night. Unfortunately they were all a bit too small to be worth frying, but it was a fun night none the less. I had a boat cruising around in front of my spot and eventually realized they were being towed around by a flathead. Pontooners were screaming about it looking like jaws, so I had to get a photo.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/longj33/Picture011.jpg

4. Doneinne

Doneinne New Member

State:
    Fremont, Nebras
    That is a sweet fish.

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is a nice fish !! To bad they took it home :sad2:

6. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    As far as where the fish are. I dont know either I cant seem to catch one over 15 inches to save my a$$. Must not be holding my mouth right or somthing :smile2:

7. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just to clarify the large fish was released. It was caught in a lake with cabins on it, and the fisherman, a Mr. Bauers, took it inside his breeze way to get some lighted photos, and wake up some youngsters, before he released it back into the waters. Caught a 6 or 7 pound channel out of there this weekend as well as stripping down to my boxers to go under a dock to get a 3 pounder that had taken advantage of my impatience and tied itself up under the deck when I was running around. Have a video, but not sure it's gonna be posted. Haha

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well its been almost a month now !!
    has anyone been doing any good ? I still have not caught anything but some small eater fish :angry: They taste good but I'm ready for some bigger fish. Just wondering if I was the only one with bad luck. :smile2:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think the fish should be coming off the beds anytime and they should start biting like crazy

10. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I hope so !! Im ready when they do :smile2::smile2:

11. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    at least you guys have caught cats. I caught a nice sturgeon early in the season but nothing but turtles since.:angry:

12. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Turtle are good eating, I just dont know how to clean one been doing some reading though just about ready to give it a try on the next one I catch !!

13. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    its been a slow year thats for sure...ive been doin alrite i spose...wheres everyone fishin? rivers lakes? the rivers have been real slow for me execpt the elkhorn been real good 2 me...i do a lota of tournaments n been catchn a lot in about 1 1/2 to 4 ft n heavy stucture, i mean cast rite in the brushpiles n so forth, thats were there sittin...if ur on a boat drifting is the way to go...use that damn blood bait n its gonna be a good nite...well thot i'd drop a line and give my input goodluck....

14. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    just got my first batch of blood yesterday so wont be long !!

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    hey Vic! those Ol' Cats are spawning right now. Give it a week or so. Hopefully it should be a good bite. That blood bait should stir them up!!:big_smile:

16. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hope your right Mark !! I just finished up the first five gal. of blood so I'm ready for the weekend :big_smile: I agree with you on the spawn I think in a week or so the fishing will realy pick up. It should be some real good fishin for the gathering !!!:cool2::big_smile::big_smile: It's coming up fast !!

17. cat-rat

cat-rat New Member

State:
    ne
    I have had a slow time of it on the mo. river. Small flatheads and drum. Even the drums are slowing down now, i wonder if it is to hot?

18. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    not sure if its to hot for the fish but I know its to hot for my fat body !!!!:smile2::smile2:

19. chevyjames37

chevyjames37 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
  20. hoghunter40

hoghunter40 Member

State:
    lincoln,nebrask
    i was out friday and sat nites.caught 1 in a small creek friday nite.went to branched oak sat nite,caught 2 3# channels and saw a guy land a 35# flat.other than that not much.