Where Are The Catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by CATDADDY78, Jun 5, 2006.

1. CATDADDY78

CATDADDY78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I Havent Had Any Luck With The Huge Blues Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Catch The Really Big Ones

2. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    blues are spawning right now, give it a few weeks or so.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    DITTO. At the tail end of the spawn and the big females arnt eating. Shouldnt be too much longer. :cool2:

4. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't know.I fished out of New Haven last nite and this morning.Not only did I get scunked,I got soaked.But they say you can't catch nothin if you don't try.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hang in there Heeler. The Big Blues are real tough to get this time of year. You'll start hearing some reports of the big ones biting again starting in July. They are preoccupied with the spawn. I've been skunked five out of my last six outings. I finally found some blues two days ago catching six or so between 10 and 15 pounds. The big ones usually start 2-3 weeks after that assuming the river is around normal. River is still a little bit high in my neck of the woods. Dont give up. You might want to concentrate your efforts last part of July, August, Sept, and all the way through winter. This time of year can be pretty crappy for lack of a better term. Cuz