Where are the catfish?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by R. D. Hilton, May 15, 2009.

1. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    The Lake and river that I fish on are flooded and ie seems that the catfish have gone into hiding can't geta bite in the flooded timber.I was catching a good number before the Rain. any help out there. thanks

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    they are on the move foraging. there are lots of little critters displaced and floating in the high water. we are seeing the samething here. my best holes are non-productive. bout all i've been catching is lots of crawfish in my traps. have had luck very shallow at my favorate lake 2 feet or so, cats were spawning

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    head to the river and fish the mouths of those feeder creeks,great time to hit those.you might want to try hitting those flooded areas they will be up in there gorging themselves on all the free goodies,and dont pass up large piles of logs along the lakes and rivers.

4. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    My local lake here was in drought for a while and went up to over 100%, i noticed i got tons of bites when my bait was about 7ft under a bobber, and very rarely any hits on the bottom. Now the water has gone down quite a bit and now i am getting less hits on the bobber and more on the bottom. But all my hits are when my bait is no more than 30ft from shore... Should I try underwater structure? I've just been casting randomly.