Where are the catfish biting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MINNESOTA TALK' started by fishin4fun_mn, Jun 2, 2007.

1. fishin4fun_mn

fishin4fun_mn New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm from S.W. Minnesota and do'nt have many places to fish cats. Willing to travel, but not sure where to go. Can anyone help me out.

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Where in SW MN are you? Theres a guy named rex who fishes that area. I dont know how far you are from Mankato, but there is good flathead fishing there.

3. fishin4fun_mn

fishin4fun_mn New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I am about an hour and ahalf from mankato. i live just off i-90 in worthington...

4. catfish156123

catfish156123 New Member

State:
    Currie, Minnesota
    Hello Fishin4fun mn This is Rex and live in Currie, Lot of cating in this area. My son lives in Worthington and fishs mudhole bay alot for b@$$ and has got up to a 8 pound channel out of the lake. Here at Lake Shetek the wife and I usually get our limit each time we go out.And I fish the Des Moines river alot also. Grante Falls is great for channels and flatheads.Windom is good in the river there. Talcot is good. The list could go on. If you ever go around by mudhole bay and see a older gray Buick parked on the grade that would be my son his name is Dennis. Stop and talk, Good luck fishing

5. fishin4fun_mn

fishin4fun_mn New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the "hot spots" Rex. I have lived in Worthington for 27 of 28 yrs and never knew there were cats in this lake, I growed up fishing in Lake Okabena, Who knew?!.?

6. catfish156123

catfish156123 New Member

State:
    Currie, Minnesota
    I forgot to say that my son Dennis is at mudhole bay in the mornings and maybe just after 12 o-clock. Just remember even here at Shetek there is times that we have to move our boat many times to find the cats, But they are there. Good luck

7. Turf

Turf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am from south of Des Moines, Iowa, but, I was up on Valhalla Island and caught a couple 3- 5 lbs cats on the dike between Valhalla Island and Keeley Island on Saturday afternoon. fishing on North side of the dike.