Where are the catfish at?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Steve W, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'm dying here!!! where did all my beautiful winter catfish go???
    are they going to move up rapidly in to shallow water, or will they move more slowly as the water temperature warms up? I'm moving up stream this weekend toward the dam fishin as we go

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    On the missouri river we are catching them in shallow water during the day. The water depth is ranging from 2'-15'.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Caught 9 today about 2 lbs each and 1 that was 8. They were in a creek channel in a lake. Water was about 4 feet deep. Caught between 2 and 4 pm on shrimp. Wouldn't bite worms or chicken liver.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I spent 10 hours on the Miss yesterday. I tried wing dykes, revetments, creek channels, humps, shallow water, deep water, main channels you name it. Not one fish. 3 small bites. Either the fish have lock jaw big time, or I'm in a big time slump. I'm painting some nice fish, they just wont bite. Hope it gets better soon. Water temp varied between 44 and 52 depending on location. Hope everyone else is doin better than me.:crying:

5. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That seems to be the age old question, we've been out on the Mo, trying to figure out what up with the blues.