Where are the bigguns?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bnt55, Aug 17, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Well so far this year has been decent, I have at least managed a fish everytime I was out and lately I have been catching at least 4 or so with each trip to the Ohio. That being said 90% of the fish I am catching is within the 6 lb range with a few thrown in up to 11 lbs, nothing of any real size. This brings me to my question, is there certain areas where only smaller cats hang out and others where the big boys stay? I fish the great miami river down stream to Big Bone mainly around Petersbug area. I would like to catch an over 20 lber and have no problem putting my "time" in to get it but it seems like I am in the daycare area of the river when I really like to be in the "adult" education area where the big dogs hang!!!:smile2: I have both drifted and sat in all different depths of water using shad only.

Bill

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Bill you are in some of the best catfishing water on the whole ohio. send me a pm and ill tell you a couple places to where i have been doing real well at. and maybe we can get you a few more bait selections from a few spots i know that way as well

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My boy Adam,has been catching some nice ones around Owensboro.Caught a few myself,I do belive it's getting ready to be on,all depends on the weather.

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Come on now flootie just tell him where the bait is. We all know it is at the power plant.

5. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i have been fishing from westport up to the around trimble county and only catch small ones where is a good hole in that area does anyone else fish this area? i havent found any big ones yet

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah shane you have a point.....dang gotta quit talking to u....anyways Bill....go to the power plant to the water discharge and throw your net. the skips are in there pretty decent right now. it might take u a lil bit to get them cuz they are fast and u dont get many per throw. but use them with ur shad....ull catch more fish