Where are the big ones...need help finding them

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by wader, May 31, 2007.

1. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    ok I just started fishing choke canyon and have found tons of fish......its very easy to go out and bring in 75 20 inch blues but where are the big ones....do they run with the smaller fish or do I need to move to a better hole......the honey hole we have produces lots of fish but no monsters....been using shad,crawdads,shrimp and cheeze bait catching the fish on the cheeze bait....not many hits on the other baits....have been fishing daylight only.....we ( myself and my 2 boys) are planning to go out friday night and fish all night.....my question is do we go to the same honey hole or do we change positions......would really like my boys to catch a monster and listen to that drag sing.

thanks for any help you can offer.

Rusty

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    the ol timers say they hit at night or early in the a.m. on juglines in 3ft of water---where is this honey hole for all the eatin sizes?????????????:big_smile:

3. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    hey, there on the south shore next to the water tower......best way is to put in at south shore and run up the bank until you get in front of the water tower, you will see the trees sticking our of the water....just pull in there to about 7 to 8 foot of water. use cheeze bait....and bring um in...we have got our limit every time we go out.

let me know if you have any luck......

we are going to go put in at 99 friday night and try in that area we got some really hard hits 2 weeks ago up there but lost them in the brush.....we did catch 30 16 to 20 inchers but the bigger ones would hang in the brush and just couldnt get them in.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that's where we put in about 2 weeks ago & they said an old man pulled plenty of them including a 45#er on a jugline & he was blue too!!!

5. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    I wonder if that 45 pounder came from up river or down towards the lake....we were back towards the lake in about 10 foot of water next to the shore where there is a old tank dam or something the water made a fast 4 foot drop. we tied off on the hump and fished the 4 foot hole... have wanted to try up the lake next to the mouth of possium creek they say that is suposed to be the honey hole.....but I have never fished there myself........would like to spend sometime scouting that area for a good spot......waiting on my gps to come in (hope it comes in today ) before I scout the lake to much want to be able to get back to a spot if I find a good one............or atleast bait a good spot unmarked and see if it brings in the big ones......friday is a full moon and fish are suposed to feed on the moon so were hoping to find them......just not sure how deep to go or if I would be better off on the south shore where we have had such good luck with the smaller fish in hopes the big ones come in during the night.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i heard he caught it just inside of 99 towards the lake at night, also heard there is good fishing up river around the stumps & trees at night---just drop straight down from the boat!!! good luck