Where are the big ones at?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by pitbull, Jan 12, 2007.

1. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    WENT OUT TODAY (FRIDAY) GOING BACK OUT TOMORROW. TODAY A BUNCH OF SMALL FISH GOOD EATERS IF THATS WHAT U ARE LOOKING FOR .BUT I AM OUT FOR BIG BOYS. WELL I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW. IF NE ONES KNOWS NE GOOD SPOTS HELP ME OUT. I AM FISHING FORT WASHINGTON AREA. LATER AND GOOD FISHING TO ALL.:cool2:

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Mouth of Piscataway creek, watch your fishfinder for humps and drop offs, the water in there goes 15-70 quick. Further up river around the 88 buoy. Last few time I was out we got on the smaller fish <15 lbs without too much trouble but had pretty limited success on big fish. I haven't been out in 2 weeks but I was out there weekly and it started to look like to bite was on when the tide was slack and soon as it started running it got slow.

On a side note - I've been guesstimating the hours on my boat - it called for it's first service at 20 hours. I figured I was at 20-25 hours last week when I took it in since we anchor when fishing and really don't run very far. Yeah, 41 hours was what it read when they hooked it up to a computer. Time flies when your having fun - we put that many hours on it in less than 3 months - It now has an hour meter installed!!!

3. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Fished All Day Sat. Plenty Of Small Fish No Big Ones. I Got On Big Big Hit ,but He Just Bit My Bluegill Clean In Half, Wish I Could Of Hooked That On. Well Thanks For All The Help Everyone. I Think I Need To Get More Fresh Or Live Bait For The Big Ones.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok guys Here is the Deal I had One guy out today for 7 hours the wind was bad at time some spots we just couldn't fish that I would have liked to fish.

Where have you guys been fishing as to how deep. if its more then 25 feet you need to move up. We had 40 some fish today 35 lbs was the biggest most in 12 to 18 feet. The water is 46 to 49 degrees just about where it would be in say april. Our waters never real got cold and the fish are still hanging around the fall feeding waters. The bait fish move down and come right back up I saw schools of bait fish today on the water running the flats. If the bait fish are on the flat guys the cats aint to far away.

I did pick up some shad today at blue planes and 2 crap

5. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    :big_smile: Now that's funny!

6. greenwood

greenwood New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Weird day with the wind and the weather front moving in. What he won't tell you is that I use cut salmon for bait..oily and tough skin. (he tells me he won't tell all of his secrets.!) But--- all of you asking about bait.... try salmon.. (of course get it when it is at the end of the experiation date and so much cheeper) :)