Where Are My Posts

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Ace, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I keep posting thread on the N.C. site but I can never find them.
    They keep getting moved for what reason I do not know.
    I have not received any private messages from the BOC.
    I can see them when I sumit them but that's the last I see of them.
    Any one have a clue. :0a35:

:cat:

2. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i dunno, sometimes mine vanish too. sometimes the name of a new post gets changed....it's a conspiracy:)

3. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ace,click on your name then click find all posts by Ace.When they come up, on the far right you will see what forum they are in.It should show all posts except those in H.I.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I've been missing some also, but I think maybe I am being censored. lol. I do get excited at times. But, if they are deleting them for subject contents, I sure wish they would let me know.

5. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i don't know what is happening. just about evertime i post my title gets changed. i don't know why...

6. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gentlemen,

The BOC is constantly being organized and threads moved to make things easier to find. Like a library, the BOC is meant to share knowledge, and that means it needs to be easy to find. The BOC is contuniously being organized, posts moved, thread titles may be changed or edited to better clarify the contents, etc. This may mean that a thread posted in the NC section fits better in a specific area and will be moved there.

For example, a post on how to best catch shad will likely be moved to the shad section. A question on what is the best place to catch shad on the Cape Fear river will likely remain in the state section, since it's specific to NC.

All BOC staff members take part in this organizational effort, on average over 100 threads per day are either moved or edited for clarity.

If you have specific questions, please submit a trouble ticket.

Dave DeMoss
    BOC Staff

7. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    you guys do a good job of running a giant board, but.......
    sometimes i dont want a post moved because i don't care how someone in utah catches crawdads. i post it in n.c. cause i live here. i have noticed that if i use the words "around here" or "in the neuse" or something that shows i am being specific that the thread remains intact.

not complaining, just explaining.

i know it's a board for knowledge, but a lot of us in the n.c. section know each other and like to chat amongst ourselves.

we all love it here, keep up the good work

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I also have had this happen. I believe it is because we sometimes want to post to members that live close to us but if you put the word catfish in the post You will more than likely find your post moved

You could be asking a question about blue cats and water temp. and post it in a state because that is the water you want to know about but your post could get moved (blue catfish).

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i think the problem i see with all this is mostly the fishing report myself. i like seeing the n.c. fishing report under the n.c. section. when i go to the memebers fishing report all the talk is about a fish that was caught a month ago. cmj posted a report on tillery yesterday that was moved. i dont understand that because if one of the memebers where coming to n.c. to go fishing they could find fishing report for the the area they are wanting to fish instead of looking at a list of fishing reports from all over the states. thanks for the great job thats getting done. i just wanted to make a point.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The posts I find missing are the answers to threads allready started. So, if it was catching shad, and it was moved to the Shad area, my post should still be with the thread. They are not, which makes me believe my posts are being censored and deleted.